Does this concept have a name? (looping/overlapping time)

In summary, the student is working on an animation exploring the concept of overlapping time, using the number 24 as an example. This number is significant because it is divisible by 6 four times and divisible by 8 three times, leading to the same destination. The student is still searching for the right words to explain this concept, but it can be related to modulo arithmetic and the least common multiple. A test clip of the animation in progress is also provided.
Masontc
I'm a student working on a short experimental animation. I've always had a fascination with the number 24 because it's divisible by 6 four times and divisible by 8 three times... you can add different numbers at a different rate and end up at the exact same number after a specific amount of time.

it's something I've always been fascinated with and never quite knew how to explain... I'm still searching for the right words but this notion of overlapping time is what I'm beginning to explore in this animation. Is there a name for that concept, the one I tried to explain with the number 24? 6-6-6-6 or 8-8-8 arrives at the same destination? I've had no lock with research online.

If it will help to demonstrate further what I'm trying to describe, here is a test clip from the animation in progress.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vkdhpyuwyqff6ou/combined test 3 long EXPORT w music.mp4?dl=0

Thank you!
-Mason

Physics news on Phys.org
The "least common multiple" of 6 and 8 is 24.

Related to Does this concept have a name? (looping/overlapping time)

1. What is looping/overlapping time?

Looping/overlapping time is a theoretical concept that suggests that time may not be linear and may instead repeat or overlap in some way.

2. Does this concept have any scientific evidence?

At this time, there is no scientific evidence to support the concept of looping/overlapping time. It is purely a theoretical concept and has not been proven through scientific experiments or observations.

3. How does looping/overlapping time differ from the concept of time travel?

While both concepts involve the manipulation of time, looping/overlapping time suggests that time itself is repeating or overlapping, whereas time travel suggests the ability to move through time in a non-linear fashion.

4. Are there any real-life examples that support the idea of looping/overlapping time?

Currently, there are no known real-life examples that support the concept of looping/overlapping time. It remains a theoretical concept and has not been observed or proven in any way.

5. How does the concept of looping/overlapping time relate to the theory of relativity?

The concept of looping/overlapping time does not directly relate to the theory of relativity. However, some theories within the theory of relativity, such as time dilation, suggest that time can be affected by gravity and motion, further expanding our understanding of the nature of time.