Electrostatic analysis of cad model of protons neutrons

In summary, the speaker is looking for someone with an electrostatics software package to do a finite element analysis on a 3-D part to determine the electrostatic field potential. They have provided a JPEG and CAD model of an image made from 100 protons and 104 neutrons, and are specifically interested in identifying the protons with the highest electrostatic field potential. They mention two possible ways to do this analysis: one where the protons are electrically conductive and the other where they are isolated charged spheres. They are willing to pay for this service and provide a CAD model in different formats. The speaker also clarifies that they are referring to the standard orbit filling orbital order when discussing electrons filling orbits.
Jeff Driscoll
Could the orbit filling order of electrons be more classical and less quantum? I attached a jpeg and need someone to do a electrostatics analysis of the CAD model version of it. Does anyone have an electrostatics software package and have time to do a finite element analysis on a 3-D part to determine the electrostatic field potential? Specifically the JPEG attached shows a grouping of protons and neutrons. I mainly need to figure out which protons have the highest electrostatic field near them so that the protons can be numbered and ordered from highest to lowest voltage potential. There might be two ways to do it, one where they are all electrically conductive and the second where they are isolated charged spheres. I can supply a CAD model in different formats from a Solidworks model.

thanks

Attachments

• protons-neutrons.jpg
    protons-neutrons.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 429
Physics news on Phys.org
So where are the electrons?
Are you talking about a nucleus rather than an atom with electrons "filling orbits"?

Image (I have a CAD model of it also) is made from 100 protons and 104 neutrons (fermium-204 which does not exist). Each red proton in the image would be about .8 fm (.8 x 10^-15 m) in diameter and the same for the green neutrons. The electrons would be orbiting this nucleus further out, some fraction (such as 1/100th) of the bohr radius (bohr radius = 5.29 x 10^-11 m). But I only need the finite element analysis done on the proton/neutrons shown in the image. I need the order of decreasing electrostatic voltage potential. I'm willing to chip in some money if someone can do it.
Regarding filling orbits, I am referring to the standard orbit filling orbital order:
1s, 2s, 2p, 3s, 3p, 4s, 3d, 4p, 5s, 4d, 5p, 6s, 4f, 5d, 6p, 7s, 5f, 6d, 7p, 8s

1. What is electrostatic analysis?

Electrostatic analysis is a method used to study the distribution of electric charges within a system and the resulting electric fields.

2. Why is it important to perform electrostatic analysis on a CAD model of protons and neutrons?

Electrostatic analysis allows us to understand the interactions between protons and neutrons, which are the building blocks of atomic nuclei. This information is crucial for understanding the behavior of matter and the forces that hold it together.

3. How is electrostatic analysis performed on a CAD model?

Electrostatic analysis of a CAD model involves using specialized software to simulate the electric fields and forces within the model. This is done by numerically solving Maxwell's equations, which describe the behavior of electric charges and fields.

4. What are some applications of electrostatic analysis in the study of protons and neutrons?

Electrostatic analysis can be used to study the stability and structure of atomic nuclei, as well as the behavior of particles in particle accelerators. It is also important in fields such as nuclear physics, materials science, and astrophysics.

5. Are there any limitations to electrostatic analysis of a CAD model of protons and neutrons?

While electrostatic analysis is a valuable tool, it is important to note that it only considers the interactions between electric charges and does not account for other fundamental forces, such as the strong and weak nuclear forces. Additionally, the accuracy of the results depends on the assumptions made and the complexity of the model being analyzed.