Email clients for reading or participating Physicsforums?

• Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Is this possible, using any email client software to read or post on physicsforums? I do not need to do this. I am only wondering if possible.

Physics news on Phys.org
I suppose in principle someone could write gateway software that receives a suitably-formatted email and posts it to PF via an HTTP request. I've never heard of anybody doing it.

Once upon a time I wrote software to help with moderating a Usenet newsgroup. It received postings via email and posted them to the group via an NNTP server. What you're looking for would be very similar.

Last edited:
Likes Greg Bernhardt
Possible to develop yes, but currently not available.

1. What is an email client?

An email client is a computer program or application that allows users to send, receive, and manage their email messages. It provides a user-friendly interface for accessing and organizing emails from one or multiple email accounts.

2. Why do I need an email client for reading or participating in Physicsforums?

An email client is necessary for reading and participating in Physicsforums because it allows you to receive notifications and updates from the forum directly to your email inbox. This makes it easier to stay updated on discussions and respond to messages in a timely manner.

3. What are some popular email clients for reading or participating in Physicsforums?

Some popular email clients for reading and participating in Physicsforums include Gmail, Outlook, Thunderbird, and Apple Mail. These email clients offer a variety of features such as customizable filters, organization tools, and integration with other applications.

4. Are there any free email clients available for reading or participating in Physicsforums?

Yes, there are many free email clients available for reading and participating in Physicsforums. Some popular options include Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Thunderbird. These email clients offer a variety of features and are often preferred by users due to their cost-effectiveness.

5. Can I use my email client to access multiple email accounts for Physicsforums?

Yes, most email clients allow you to add and manage multiple email accounts, including those for Physicsforums. This allows you to access all your emails in one place, making it more convenient to stay updated and participate in discussions on the forum.