Error running example ICRP145_HumanPhantoms in Geant4

emilmammadzada
TL;DR Summary
Error running example ICRP145_HumanPhantoms
Dear experts , when I run the ICRP145_Human Phantoms example following the instructions in the user manual, I get this error response
[
VirtualBox:~/Geant4/share/Geant4/examples/advanced/ICRP145_HumanPhantoms/build$./ICRP145phantoms ./Internal -i 9500 -m example.in -o example.out

Usage: ./External -m [MACRO] -o [OUTPUT] -f (option for MRCP-AF phantom)

Example: ./External -m run.mac -o run.out (-f)

VirtualBox:~/Geant4/share/Geant4/examples/advanced/ICRP145_HumanPhantoms/build$]
How can i solve this problem?
_Geant4 Version:_v11.1.1
_Operating System:_VirtualBox Ubuntu22.04
_Compiler/Version:_11.4.0
_CMake Version:_3.22.1

1. What is the ICRP145_HumanPhantoms example in Geant4?

The ICRP145_HumanPhantoms example in Geant4 is a simulation setup designed to model human phantoms (representations of the human body) based on the International Commission on Radiological Protection's Publication 145. These phantoms are used to study the interaction of radiation with the human body, particularly for dosimetry calculations, which help in assessing radiation exposure and its effects.

2. Why am I getting an error when running the ICRP145_HumanPhantoms example?

Errors when running the ICRP145_HumanPhantoms example in Geant4 can occur for several reasons. Common issues include incorrect or incomplete installation of Geant4, missing environment variables, problems with the example's configuration files, or incompatibilities with the operating system or hardware. To resolve these, ensure that Geant4 is installed correctly, all required environment variables are set, and that your system meets the example’s requirements.

3. How do I correctly set up the environment to run ICRP145_HumanPhantoms in Geant4?

To set up the environment for running the ICRP145_HumanPhantoms example in Geant4, you need to ensure that all the necessary environment variables are correctly set. This includes variables like G4LEDATA, G4LEVELGAMMADATA, G4NEUTRONHPDATA, G4RADIOACTIVEDATA, and others that point to the respective data directories. Additionally, the Geant4 environment itself must be properly configured, which typically involves sourcing the Geant4 configuration script provided in the bin directory of your Geant4 installation.

4. What should I check if the ICRP145_HumanPhantoms example crashes or doesn't produce expected results?

If the ICRP145_HumanPhantoms example crashes or fails to produce expected results, check the following: Ensure that all input files are correctly specified and accessible, verify that the simulation parameters (such as particle type, energy, and geometry settings) are correctly defined, and look for any error messages in the console output that might indicate what went wrong. Additionally, reviewing the Geant4 installation and ensuring it is up to date and correctly configured for your system is crucial.

5. Where can I find more documentation or help regarding the ICRP145_HumanPhantoms example in Geant4?

More documentation and help for the ICRP145_HumanPhantoms example in Geant4 can be found in the official Geant4 User Documentation, particularly in the Application Developer’s Guide and the Installation Guide. The Geant4 public forum and mailing lists are also excellent resources for getting help from the community. Additionally, reviewing the example's README file and any accompanying documentation provided in the example's directory can be very useful.