Evidence for global magnetic grid or pseudo science?

In summary: I wonder if there is any scientific basis the concept has been built upon; and if at any time it was generally accepted.
Flayrah
In conducting research into historical accounts of Earths magnetic field, I consistently come across proposals of stable planetary magnetic grid systems; many of these theories which have apparently been developed through much time and effort. While I am unaware of any theory that cannot be readily dismissed as pseudo-science or new-age, are there any tested (or testable) theories concerning stable planetary magnetic grids; or even any known magnetic variances that cannot be explained by underlying geology or other provable methods? Is anyone aware of a time when any such theories were generally accepted - say, during the 1700's; or Victorian / Edwardian age?

Physics news on Phys.org
Flayrah said:
proposals of stable planetary magnetic grid systems

What do you meay by "stable planetary magnetic grid systems"? Can you give some specific references?

Flayrah said:
any known magnetic variances that cannot be explained by underlying geology or other provable methods?

Not that I'm aware of.

Flayrah said:
planetary magnetic grid systems;
What is a magnetic grid system?

Likes davenn
Flayrah said:
In conducting research into historical accounts of Earths magnetic field, I consistently come across proposals of stable planetary magnetic grid systems; many of these theories which have apparently been developed through much time and effort.

Dale said:
What is a magnetic grid system?
no such thing that I am aware of

sounds like woo woo science to me

After some searching based on the above website we have been unable to find any peer reviewed studies supporting this idea in the professional scientific literature. As such, it seems to be pseudoscience and we will leave this topic closed.

If someone is able to find such a reference please send me a PM and we can reopen.

1. What is the global magnetic grid and what evidence supports its existence?

The global magnetic grid is a hypothetical network of interconnected magnetic lines that are believed to criss-cross the Earth's surface. This grid is not supported by any scientific evidence and is considered pseudoscience. Some proponents of the global magnetic grid theory claim that it is supported by ancient maps and navigation techniques, but these claims have been debunked by scientists.

2. How does the global magnetic grid theory explain natural phenomena?

Proponents of the global magnetic grid theory claim that it can explain various natural phenomena such as the Bermuda Triangle and the disappearance of ships and planes. However, there is no scientific evidence to support these claims, and these phenomena can be explained by other scientific factors such as human error, weather conditions, or equipment malfunctions.

3. Is there any scientific research backing the global magnetic grid theory?

No, there is no scientific research that supports the existence of a global magnetic grid. The concept is not recognized or accepted by the scientific community, and there is no credible evidence to support its existence.

4. Are there any real-world applications of the global magnetic grid theory?

No, there are no real-world applications of the global magnetic grid theory. It is considered pseudoscience and has no practical use in any scientific or technological field.

5. Why do some people still believe in the global magnetic grid theory despite the lack of evidence?

Belief in the global magnetic grid theory may stem from a desire to find patterns and explanations for natural phenomena that are difficult to understand. It may also be perpetuated by misinformation and conspiracy theories. However, without scientific evidence, the global magnetic grid theory remains a pseudoscientific concept.