Exploring the Cosmic Connection: Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon at 50

• Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Moon
In summary, @Klystron is talking about the Dark Side of the Moon album, which features a different version of the song "Icy wind of night" than what is found on the original album.
pinball1970 said:
It looks like that "Tribute Prism" could use a little work... :wink:

1678389411678.png

• Love
Likes pinball1970
Science news on Phys.org
berkeman said:
It looks like that "Tribute Prism" could use a little work... :wink:

View attachment 323401
1973 they had a good stab at it! EDIT: Diffraction angle yes? It's pf so I should have checked.

Last edited:
pinball1970 said:
I thought it was about dying?
(Sigh.) Yes, you (and @PeroK) are probably right. Heck, what would I know? I've never been skillful enough to make a girl scream "Oh God! I'm DYING!". :eek:

• Haha
Likes pinball1970 and BillTre
pinball1970 said:
For me classic rock stopped after Ian Gillan left Deep Purple 1972, Led Zeps best albums were behind them 1-4
What about Physical Graffiti and Houses of the Holy? PG has some filler tunes and probably could have been a single rather than double-album (I feel the same about Guns' Use Your Illusion I & II - should have been condensed), but they are still great albums.

In Through the Out Door isn't my favorite, but it has its moments. I think Presence is excellent.

Likes pinball1970 and Astronuc
Mondayman said:
What about Physical Graffiti and Houses of the Holy? PG has some filler tunes and probably could have been a single rather than double-album (I feel the same about Guns' Use Your Illusion I & II - should have been condensed), but they are still great albums.

In Through the Out Door isn't my favorite, but it has its moments. I think Presence is excellent.
There are some great tracks just not great albums for me after 4. The first 4 were just so good they seem to dip after.
No quarter is great and the only track I prefer live (Song remains the same)
Kashmir is brilliant. Trampled under foot is great.
The rain Song is good but all those strings towards the end put me off a little. Too much.
Perhaps I'll have to give a listen,not heard them in years.

EDIT: Came out of PF and had two alerts waiting. This is one. https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/led-zeppelin-song-john-paul-jones-hates-john-bonham/

Last edited:
Likes Mondayman and Astronuc

From a comment there:
Wish you weren't here
:doh:

• Haha
  • Love
Likes pinball1970, dlgoff and Astronuc
Rive said:

From a comment there:
Wish you weren't here
:doh:

What a lovely picture, she has his eyes. To be fair B7 is a horrible chord to learn first position. Dad knows best.

Likes Astronuc
Rive said:
There is a quite good tribute band here: I hope they will do something 'live':partytime:
... and they did: the whole album :cool:

...and more...

• Love
Likes pinball1970
Queen launched their debut "Queen" in 1973, with the single "Keep yourself alive". I bought it when I was 13, in 1997. My classmates found that weird. I thought I discovered gold.

Likes berkeman and BillTre
Back