Fed up with Autodesk Inventor student registration

• Thread starter Deathfish
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Student
In summary, the conversation is about a person's difficulty with activating their student account at Autodesk. They have not received a confirmation email and are unable to access support or the download center. The solution suggested is to call Autodesk or consider using a different program.
Deathfish
Anyone can help? I signed up for a student account at Autodesk. I asked to send a confirmation email but i can't find it either in my inbox or my spam folder. No email addresses are blocked. So I asked for facebook confirmation and again it seemed unresponsive. When I logged in I get a message in Finnish (?) asking to reconfirm email. Can't even send a ticket via the problem form or access support center it takes me back to the same page. Ok when i asked to send email to reconfirm it says account already active but when I tried to access the download center it still prompts me to send email activation.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Sounds like you need to call Autodesk.

Sounds like to need to switch out to something else...there are other choices, some even free.

1. Why do I have to register as a student to use Autodesk Inventor?

Autodesk offers a free version of Inventor for students to encourage the use of their software in the education sector. Registering as a student ensures that you are using the software for educational purposes and not for commercial use.

2. Can I use Autodesk Inventor without registering as a student?

No, the free version of Autodesk Inventor is only available to students who register with a valid educational email address. However, there is a free trial available for non-students to try out the software.

3. How long does my student registration last?

Your student registration for Autodesk Inventor will last for one year. After that, you will need to re-register and verify your student status.

4. Are there any limitations to the student version of Autodesk Inventor?

The student version of Autodesk Inventor has all the same features as the commercial version, but it is strictly for educational use only. This means that files created with the student version will have a watermark and cannot be used for commercial purposes.

5. Can I upgrade to the commercial version of Autodesk Inventor after using the student version?

Yes, you can upgrade to the commercial version of Autodesk Inventor at any time. However, you will need to purchase a license for the software and stop using the student version.