Find Rhombus Angles: 360º & 22º30

• MHB
  • Thread starter Joostrea
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Angles
In summary, a rhombus is a four-sided shape with all sides equal in length. It is also known as a diamond or a kite. The total angle measurement of a rhombus is always 360º because all four angles are equal in measure. To find the measure of one angle in a rhombus, the total angle measurement (360º) can be divided by the number of angles (4), resulting in 90º. In a rhombus, opposite angles are equal in measure. Therefore, if one angle measures 22º30, the opposite angle will also measure 22º30. It is not possible to have a rhombus with angles measuring more or less than 90º, as all
Joostrea
The angle between the diagonal and the side of the rhombus is 22º30’. Find rhombus angles.
Rhombus interior angles are 360º that much I know, but how do I find out the other angles?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Just remember that by definition, a rhombus is always going to be congruent on opposing sides of each diagonal. See if this helps you get started...

View attachment 8191

Attachments

• Pic.jpg
    Pic.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 66
B=22º30’*2=45º
B=45º
D=45º

45º+C=180º
C=135º
E=135º

Did I do it right?

Joostrea said:
B=22º30’*2=45º
B=45º
D=45º

45º+C=180º
C=135º
E=135º

Did I do it right?

Yup. Good job : )

What is a rhombus?

A rhombus is a four-sided shape with all sides equal in length. It is also known as a diamond or a kite.

How do you find the total angle measurement of a rhombus?

The total angle measurement of a rhombus is always 360º. This is because all four angles of a rhombus are equal in measure, and the sum of all angles in a quadrilateral is always 360º.

How do you find the measure of one angle in a rhombus?

To find the measure of one angle in a rhombus, you can divide the total angle measurement (360º) by the number of angles (4). This gives you an angle measurement of 90º.

What is the relationship between the angles in a rhombus?

In a rhombus, opposite angles are equal in measure. This means that if one angle measures 22º30, the opposite angle will also measure 22º30.

Can you have a rhombus with angles measuring more or less than 90º?

No, a rhombus must have angles measuring exactly 90º. If one angle is less than 90º, then all other angles must also be less than 90º. Similarly, if one angle is more than 90º, then all other angles must also be more than 90º.