Finding Resources for Calculus: Examples & Explanations

In summary, the conversation discussed the need for websites to explain how to do Fourier Series and gave an example from Stewart's calculus book. The use of Fourier transformation was also mentioned, with applications in various fields such as signal processing, physics, and cryptography.
Quadruple Bypass
does anyone know of any websites that can help to explain how to do these and some possible examples? i can't find anything on this in that stewart calculus book. any help would be appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
Stewart's book doesn't go into Fourier Series; from what I've seen they usually aren't mentioned in math until courses on "real analysis", "partial differential equations" and the like.

By "how to do these" I suppose you mean how to find the coefficients of the terms in the series analytically? It's not that hard for trigonometric systems-- for simple periodic functions it usually just involves a couple of by parts integrations.

A quick search on google ("calculating Fourier series") gives some decent webpages, such as

http://Newton.ex.ac.uk/teaching/resources/au/phy1116/LecturesFourierSeries.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
do anybody know what is the use of forier transformation?

Fourier transforms have many scientific applications — in physics, number theory, combinatorics, signal processing, probability theory, statistics, cryptography, acoustics, oceanography, optics, geometry, and other areas. (In signal processing and related fields, the Fourier transform is typically thought of as decomposing a signal into its component frequencies and their amplitudes.)

link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourier_transform#Applications"

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Finding Resources for Calculus: Examples & Explanations

1. What are some examples of resources for learning calculus?

Examples of resources for learning calculus include textbooks, online courses, video lectures, practice problems, and study guides.

2. How can I find explanations for difficult calculus concepts?

There are various resources available online that provide explanations for difficult calculus concepts. These include Khan Academy, MathIsFun, and Calculus-Help.com. Additionally, many textbooks and study guides also offer detailed explanations for various calculus topics.

3. Are there any free resources for learning calculus?

Yes, there are many free resources available for learning calculus. Some examples include the OpenStax Calculus textbook, MIT OpenCourseWare, and the Calculus Made Easy app.

4. Can I find practice problems with solutions for calculus?

Yes, there are many resources that offer practice problems with solutions for calculus. These include textbooks, online courses, and websites such as Mathway and Symbolab.

5. How can I use technology to aid in learning calculus?

There are many ways to use technology to aid in learning calculus. Some options include using online graphing calculators, interactive tutorials and simulations, and educational apps specifically designed for learning calculus.