Flying saucer. Picture, project of a spacecraft

In summary, the principle of motion for a flying saucer can be described as repulsion, in which one body gives acceleration to another, and receiving opposition from the force of inertia of another body, accelerates itself. I used images from the sci-fi classic Forbidden Planet and the Lost in Space tv series to create my blueprint. I found the principle of motion to be interesting, and am excited to see what other creative designs I can come up with using it.
MasterJgon
1.jpg

Principle, scheme, images of a flying saucer. Reusable spaceship of the future. Spaceship with a solar sail.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,208
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Here's another from Lost In Space:

875c8c3ea609026f822f570ac893641b.jpg

Attachments

• 875c8c3ea609026f822f570ac893641b.jpg
    875c8c3ea609026f822f570ac893641b.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 656
The best designed spacecraft I have ever come across was one from a very old scifi movie(comic) called Brick Bradford(IFIRC). It was a sphere or teardrop shape with four extendable landing legs. I have always though this would be the most suitable shape as it would have the most internal space to put all the gear into. Obviously some sort of antigravity drive was used for propulsion.
I enjoyed the Forbidden Planet movie as it had great effects and a reasonable story line. The robot Robbie was the best robot I have seen for many years.At least he had a fair lick of sense, more than the useless robot in Lost in Space(tv series).
The scfi movie that impressed me the most was 2001. To me the effects were so realistic I had wonder how it was done. Still the best scifi movie of all time as far as I am concerned.

This painting

2.JPG

The principle of motion of a flying saucer can be described as repulsion, in which one body gives acceleration to another, and receiving opposition from the force of inertia of another body, accelerates itself. I have not found any explanation of what repulsion is. Perhaps this is a jet propulsion.
Consider the engine as a system of two interconnected bodies that repel and attract each other. At the same time, their common center of mass remains in place. If during their repulsion a force acts on one of the bodies to resist its movement, then the other body, according to the law of conservation of energy, moves further. And the common center of mass of two bodies shifts. Thus, the system comes into motion. Thus, it is repelled by the force resisting the movement of one of the bodies.
In order to obtain this resistance force in the air, we make one of the bodies in the shape of a sphere so that it is streamlined, and the second is given a plate shape so that it experiences maximum air resistance during movement.

When these 2 bodies repel each other in the air, the plate gets more resistance and moves a shorter distance, and the ball gets less resistance and moves a greater distance. And the whole system moves. If the bodies are pulled back at the same speed, then we get a car with an umbrella, and the system returns to its original position.
But if the bodies are attracted with greater speed, then as a result of acceleration, their mass and kinetic energy becomes larger, the plate gets more air resistance. But at the same time, the plate transfers its energy to the air, and the air around the plate begins to move in the direction in which it pushed it. The movement of air by inertia continues even after the plate has ceased to push it. A wind is formed which pushes the plate like a sail. At this time, the plate is slowly attracted to the ball, creating a force directed against the wind. The energy of the plate, and the force that it creates in this case is less than that which it gave to the air by the previous action. As a result, the air flow drives the entire system. Thus, the original two-body system is repelled by the wind, exerting pressure on it from one side.

Similarly, this system works in space, starting from the solar wind, if the plate is a sail. Since the solar wind creates the sun, there is no need to create it. Due to the fact that the speed of the light wave is greater than the speed of the system, the light waves constantly put pressure on it from one side and it can keep pushing away from them until it reaches the speed of light. Perhaps, having pushed off from the light one last time, and not having received resistance to moving forward, it will exceed the speed of light as much as it can push off.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 590
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 281
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 285

What is a flying saucer?

A flying saucer is a term used to describe a disc-shaped object that is believed to be an extraterrestrial spacecraft. It is also known as a UFO (unidentified flying object).

Is there any evidence of flying saucers?

There have been numerous reported sightings of flying saucers throughout history, but there is no concrete evidence to prove their existence. Many of these sightings have been debunked as hoaxes or misidentifications of natural or man-made objects.

What is the purpose of a flying saucer?

The purpose of a flying saucer is unknown, as there is no definitive proof of their existence. Some believe that they are used by extraterrestrial beings to travel to Earth, while others theorize that they may be advanced technology created by humans or other civilizations.

How are flying saucers powered?

There is no concrete evidence of the power source of a flying saucer, as their existence is still a matter of speculation. Some theories suggest that they may be powered by advanced technologies such as anti-gravity or electromagnetic propulsion, while others believe they may use unknown forms of energy.

Are there any ongoing projects to create a flying saucer?

There have been various projects and experiments conducted to create a flying saucer-like spacecraft. However, none of these have been proven to be successful and most are still in the early stages of development. As of now, there is no known functioning flying saucer spacecraft.