Fractal Question :Rodin Scupture to Low density Mesh to 2D to Iterative Function

Therefore, using reversed subdivision modeling may not be a feasible approach for creating a 3D object from a 2D composition.
Mustafa Umut
Hello there,

Subdivision modeling is a tool which all 3D Modeling Softwares uses. Its about creating a low density mesh and computer creates higher density mesh until your box turn into a sphere.I found something about finding iterative fractal function of a 3D object for example Rodin Sculpture. I asked whether could I find an iterative fractal code of a shark or small airplane but answers were saying it was impossible.I thought if I could find a lower density mesh from rodin sculpture with reversed subdivision modeling and lay these triangles on to a paper with each triangles perspective , we get 2 2d picture. Than finding these two 2D layed compositions iterative function ...Does it work , is it possible ?Mustafa Umut Sarac
Istanbul

Physics news on Phys.org
, TurkeyIt is possible to use subdivision modeling to create a 3D object from a low-density mesh. However, it may not be possible to reverse the process and find an iterative fractal code of a shark or small airplane. This is because the original mesh may not have enough information for the computer to accurately recreate the object in 3D again. Additionally, the level of detail needed for a shark or small airplane is much greater than that needed for a Rodin sculpture, which may make it impossible to recreate the object accurately.

1. What is a fractal?

A fractal is a mathematical concept that describes a repeating pattern or structure at different scales. It is a geometric shape or object that displays self-similarity, meaning that smaller parts of the object resemble the whole.

2. How is the Rodin Sculpture related to fractals?

The Rodin Sculpture is a physical representation of a fractal. Its intricate and repeating patterns make it a perfect example of a fractal in the real world.

3. What is the process of converting the Rodin Sculpture to a low density mesh?

The process of converting the Rodin Sculpture to a low density mesh involves simplifying the intricate details of the sculpture into a basic structure. This is done by reducing the number of polygons or vertices in the mesh.

4. How is the low density mesh then converted into a 2D representation?

The low density mesh is converted into a 2D representation by flattening it out. This means that the 3D mesh is projected onto a 2D plane, creating a 2D image of the sculpture.

5. What is the role of iterative functions in this process?

Iterative functions are used to create a series of transformations on the 2D representation of the sculpture. These transformations are repeated over and over again, creating a fractal-like pattern that closely resembles the original Rodin Sculpture.