FRC 2010: FIRST Robotics Kickoff - Join the Robotics Revolution!

• Thread starter Chi Meson
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Robotics
In summary, the FRC 2010 FIRST Robotics Kickoff marks the beginning of the robotics revolution. This event brings together students, mentors, and professionals to design and build robots to compete in a challenging game. The program aims to inspire young people to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields through hands-on learning and collaboration. Each year, a new game is announced at the kickoff, challenging participants to use their creativity and problem-solving skills to design robots that can complete a series of tasks. The FRC program empowers students to develop valuable skills and explore their potential in the world of robotics.
Yep, robot has been shipped. Wheww, now for the regional.

We also shipped with a questionable lift arm, however, we are extremely proud of our kicker. the same concept as Chi's but I had them place a potentiometer encoder on the kicker Axel. Using the joystick we can dial up the strength of our kick, we can boot into zone 1 from zone 3 or putt it into the goal from zone 1.

Being new to the team I believed that our self proclaimed cracker jack programmer was actually a cracker jack programmer. I have come to doubt that now. It seems that he has no idea how to trouble shoot his code. When he runs into a problem he throws up his hands, claims he can't fix it. Logs on to Chief Delphi and spends the next 2 hrs looking for answers. It is not clear that we have vision capabilities or a working autonomous mode.

Good luck to all!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Integral said:
We also shipped with a questionable lift arm, however, we are extremely proud of our kicker. the same concept as Chi's but I had them place a potentiometer encoder on the kicker Axel. Using the joystick we can dial up the strength of our kick, we can boot into zone 1 from zone 3 or putt it into the goal from zone 1.

I have to say that that's extremely good, in terms of accuracy, adjustability, and distance. Our kicker can kick over one and a half zones, and has only two modes, high kick and low kick.

Being new to the team I believed that our self proclaimed cracker jack programmer was actually a cracker jack programmer. I have come to doubt that now. It seems that he has no idea how to trouble shoot his code. When he runs into a problem he throws up his hands, claims he can't fix it. Logs on to Chief Delphi and spends the next 2 hrs looking for answers. It is not clear that we have vision capabilities or a working autonomous mode.

What kind of problems does he go on Chief Delphi for? If they're related to the camera, I wouldn't blame him. I spent a week with another programmer trying to get a live feed on the dashboard. When we finally got something, the feed had a five-second lag. We managed to reduce it to 0.5 seconds, using the most counterintuitive method possible: setting the camera to its best settings. We asked on Chief Delphi two times about how to further reduce lag and, after another week, somebody finally discovered that one graph on the dashboard which didn't do anything was causing all the lag. Removing the graph got rid of all detectable lag.

Hey,

My project for the "interim period" is to build a kickass robo-cart. Does anyone have any good input on things to put in, things to avoid? Got pictures of your cart?