Free Online Math and Science Textbooks

In summary, the speaker is in 7th grade but has skipped grades in science and math. They are looking for free online high school and college math and science textbooks and are seeking recommendations for a reliable website. The speaker also warns about the potential dangers of downloading from certain websites and suggests utilizing school or local library resources. They also mention the convenience of using a digital book reader such as an iPad with a Kindle program.
BluberryPi
Hey, everyone. I am in 7th grade, but skipped a grade in science and 2 in math. To prepare for hard high school and college, I want to find a website where there are free online high school and college math and science textbooks, for free! Can someone recommend a site?

Physics news on Phys.org
Google is your friend. There are several web sites with downloadable texts.

But wait! There's more! I would suggest you not go to ANY of those sites unless you have some pretty good anti-virus software installed on your computer. The main purpose of such web sites seems to be to install malware on your computer. And don't open any files from them if they have file types exe or scr or any other executable or binary types. Even a zip file should be approached with some caution.

And there's still more! So you are effectively 8th grade in science? 9th grade in math? Your school library really should have enough to keep you happy for a year or two. If not, then agitate for a library card from your local library. And maybe a digital book reader for your birthday or xmas gift or whatever. I am finding that my iPad mini with a Kindle prog is really quite pleasant to read books on. Your local library probably let's you borrow books on a Kindle (unless you live in Canada, darn it.)

Likes berkeman

What are "Free Online Math and Science Textbooks"?

"Free Online Math and Science Textbooks" are digital textbooks that are available for free on the internet. These textbooks cover various topics in math and science and can be accessed by anyone with an internet connection.

Why are these textbooks free?

These textbooks are typically created and made available for free by non-profit organizations or educational institutions. They aim to provide students and teachers with a free and accessible resource for learning math and science.

What subjects are covered in these textbooks?

These textbooks cover a wide range of subjects in math and science, including algebra, calculus, geometry, biology, chemistry, physics, and more. Some textbooks may specialize in a specific subject, while others may cover multiple subjects.

Are these textbooks reliable?

Most of these textbooks are written and reviewed by experts in the field, making them a reliable source of information. However, it is always important to critically evaluate any information you find, whether it is in a traditional textbook or an online resource.

How can I access these textbooks?

These textbooks can be accessed through various websites or online platforms. Some may require you to create an account, while others may allow you to access the textbooks without an account. You can also download these textbooks for offline use in some cases.