GENIE 2000, LabSocs module, Detector.txt

• Thread starter Rediska
  • Start date
  • Tags
    module
In summary: Your Name]In summary, the conversation discusses the use of built-in LabSocs detectors for sourceless calibration in a laboratory setting. The user is trying to extract the exact geometry of the detector from the software, but is limited in their capabilities. They have obtained some information from the Detector.txt file, but are missing key details and are seeking assistance from others. Suggestions are provided for obtaining the missing information, such as reaching out to the software developers or searching for user forums.
Rediska
Dear all,

I am trying to use built in LabSocs detectors for sourceless calibration of our laboratory detector. In order to quantify possible differences, I wanted to extract the exact geometry of the model, that is presented inside LabSocs. Since my version of the software is very limited, I cannot define or see dimensions of the detector, only sample.

However, I can access Detector.txt file (C:\GENIE2K\ISOCS\DATA\PARAMETERS\DETECTOR.TXT) which contains information I need in the following form:
Dia=70mm_Planar,69.98,25.18,76.2,88.9,133.4,3.05,5.0,26,BE3825.par,4,

Where:
69.98 is crystal diameter
25.18 is crystal height
76.2 is endcap internal diameter
88.9 is endcap external diameter
133.4 is endcap height
Unfortunately, I could not find or obtain from developers the information about numbers in bold. Can anyone share it?

Engineering news on Phys.org

Thank you for sharing your question with us. I understand that you are trying to use built-in LabSocs detectors for sourceless calibration and need to extract the exact geometry of the model. It seems that you are only able to access the Detector.txt file, which contains some information but not all that you need.

Unfortunately, without having access to the software or being familiar with it, it is difficult for me to provide a definitive answer. However, I can offer some suggestions that may help you.

First, I recommend reaching out to the developers or technical support team of the software to see if they can provide you with the missing information. They may have additional documentation or resources that can assist you in understanding the numbers in bold.

Another option could be to search for user forums or communities dedicated to the software, where you may be able to connect with other users who have experience with the software and can provide insights or tips.

Lastly, you could also try to reverse engineer the information by comparing it to other similar detectors or by conducting experiments with known dimensions to see if you can determine the meaning of the numbers in bold.

I hope these suggestions are helpful to you. Best of luck with your research!

What is GENIE 2000?

GENIE 2000 is a software platform developed by Canberra Industries for nuclear spectroscopy data acquisition and analysis.

What is the LabSocs module in GENIE 2000?

The LabSocs module is an add-on feature for GENIE 2000 that allows for the integration of laboratory sample data with nuclear spectroscopy data.

What is the Detector.txt file in GENIE 2000?

The Detector.txt file is a configuration file used by the LabSocs module to specify the characteristics and properties of the detector being used for data acquisition.

How do I access and edit the Detector.txt file?

The Detector.txt file can be accessed and edited through the LabSocs module in the GENIE 2000 software. The file can also be accessed directly through the file directory on your computer.

What information is contained in the Detector.txt file?

The Detector.txt file contains information such as the detector type, energy calibration settings, and other specifications that are necessary for accurate data acquisition and analysis.

Back