Good movies of simultaneous ball drop/thrown?

In summary, the conversation revolves around teaching the concept of X vs. Y motion, with a desire to show a strobe movie of a ball being dropped versus thrown horizontally. The teacher emphasizes the idea of "seeing is believing" and the independence and constancy of X-motion. The conversation also touches on the difference between Y-axis force and X-axis force, and the misconception that weight does not affect friction. A suggestion is made to check out Mythbusters, specifically an episode where they demonstrate this concept with bullets dropped vs. fired.
Head_Unit
We're teaching about X vs. Y motion, and I'd really love to show like a strobe movie of a ball being dropped versus thrown horizontally...or even just the one thrown horizontally.

We TELL students the X-motion is independent and constant, but "seeing is believing"

I found some pictures on the internet, but does anyone know of a movie clip showing this?

Physics news on Phys.org
my teacher says too that y-axis force does not affect x axis, but, why is pushing something heavier than the other harder?
i checked up that weight does in fact affect friction. why are they lying? lol

Mythbusters did this with bullets dropped vs.fired. All I found on Youtube was an extremely short cut from the episode that leaves out most of the good stuff. The whole thing is on netflix though, if you have a subscription.

1. What is simultaneous ball drop/thrown in movies?

Simultaneous ball drop/thrown in movies refers to a scene where multiple characters throw or drop balls at the same time, often in a synchronized or coordinated manner.

2. Why is simultaneous ball drop/thrown commonly seen in movies?

Simultaneous ball drop/thrown is often used in movies as a visual representation of teamwork, coordination, or a pivotal moment in the plot.

3. How is simultaneous ball drop/thrown achieved in movies?

This effect is achieved through careful planning and coordination between the actors, director, and special effects team. It may also involve the use of CGI or other visual effects to enhance the scene.

4. Are simultaneous ball drop/thrown scenes realistic?

While simultaneous ball drop/thrown scenes may not be realistic in real life, they serve a purpose in storytelling and are often exaggerated for dramatic effect in movies.

5. Can simultaneous ball drop/thrown scenes be found in other media besides movies?

Yes, simultaneous ball drop/thrown scenes can also be found in other forms of media such as TV shows, commercials, and even video games. It is a popular visual technique used to convey a sense of unity and coordination among characters.