Good Online Reads: Schlock Mercenary - Sci-Fi Opera Comic

• Thread starter sbrothy
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed different online reads, including "Schlock Mercenary" which is a sci-fi opera comic and "The Martian" and "Worm" which are popular self-published online books. Other recommendations included "The Wandering Inn," a fantasy web serial, and "A Softer World," a webcomic.
sbrothy
Gold Member
I sometimes have the feeling that I've read the entire internet. I thought that maybe if I share something with you you will share something with me. So, I thought I'd direct your attention to this one:

Schlock Mercenary.

It's a scifi opera comic. It may not be for everyone but I was entertained.

Got any pointers to good online reads`?

Physics news on Phys.org
And yes Atomic Rockets . A must read for any aspiring scifi author (or anyone who's feeling bored). But I'm sure you already know this site.

Hey there! Thanks for sharing about Schlock Mercenary. I haven't heard of it before, but I'll definitely check it out.

As for other online reads, there are so many great options out there. If you're into sci-fi, I highly recommend checking out "The Martian" by Andy Weir. It started as a self-published online book before becoming a best-seller and eventually a movie.

Another great online read is "Worm" by Wildbow. It's a superhero web serial that has gained a huge following and even has its own fan-made audiobook.

If you're into fantasy, "The Wandering Inn" by pirateaba is a popular web serial that updates twice a week and has a vast and immersive world.

For something a little different, "A Softer World" is a webcomic that combines photography and witty one-liners to create unique and thought-provoking posts.

I hope you find something you enjoy in these recommendations. Happy reading!

1. What is Schlock Mercenary?

Schlock Mercenary is a long-running webcomic that follows the adventures of a group of mercenaries in a futuristic, spacefaring society.

2. Who is the creator of Schlock Mercenary?

The creator of Schlock Mercenary is Howard Tayler, a cartoonist and writer who has been producing the comic since 2000.

3. Is Schlock Mercenary suitable for all ages?

No, Schlock Mercenary is intended for mature audiences and contains adult language, violence, and themes.

4. How often is Schlock Mercenary updated?

Schlock Mercenary updates every day, with a new comic strip posted on the website.

5. Can I read Schlock Mercenary for free?

Yes, Schlock Mercenary is available to read for free on the official website. However, there are also print collections and merchandise available for purchase.