Graduation clock is moving way too slowly

• Thread starter G01
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Clock
In summary: I don't know. I just feel like I'm not doing enough and I don't want to graduate.In summary, any other seniors out there think the graduation clock is moving way too slowly?
G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Any other seniors out there think the graduation clock is moving way too slowly!

I have to wait til May 31!

It's killing me. I just want to get to grad school already!

Sigh, I think I'll spend the next few months playing "Who has the Biggest Brain" on Facebook...:rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org

G01 said:
Any other seniors out there think the graduation clock is moving way too slowly!

Sigh, I think I'll spend the next few months playing "Who has the Biggest Brain" on Facebook...:rolleyes:
Oh, that senioritis. I though you were talking about ... now what was it I was going to say?

I thought I was going to bring up my sore knee, pifft, kids what do they know about senioritis.

hypatia said:
I thought I was going to bring up my sore knee, pifft, kids what do they know about senioritis.
Hy's right, G01. Don't wish your life away. The "Golden Years" will be upon you all-too-soon, and when they show up, you'll wonder who thought up that crap phrase.

G01 said:

Like other things, I think you'll find that it's not how big it is, but how you use it.

I kept busy with projects, and since I was going to grad school in the same department, I didn't think about it.

Actually, I got married the week after I graduated with baccalaureate, so that's where my mind was. Then following that, we moved my wife to where I was living, and we both started working and going to grad school.

I'm probably going to go to grad school in a much bigger city than where I currently live. So, I am really excited about that. I think that is what's making the senioritis worse.

LowlyPion said:
Like other things, I think you'll find that it's not how big it is, but how you use it.

:rolleyes:

According to that game I have an alien-sized brain!

G01 said:
According to that game I have an alien-sized brain!
I thought your brain was fried. :biggrin:

Deep-fried.

"You want brains with that?"
"Do you want to super-size that?"

Hang in there my young French Fries!

Astronuc said:
I thought your brain was fried. :biggrin:

turbo-1 said:
Deep-fried.

"You want brains with that?"
"Do you want to super-size that?"

Evo said:
Hang in there my young French Fries!

No Astronuc. My brain is fries not fried.:biggrin:

Senioritis is weird like this. My brain seems fine as long as its not focusing on classes!

G01 said:

How about volunteering more tutoring time for Tau Beta Pi? With an alien size brain (and from other posts), I know you qualify. There are plenty of students who will need some help as the end of the school term gets closer. Spend some of that extra time and energy helping out some other students. Or doing other volunteer work for that matter.

That's what did with my senioritis in undergrad... o:)

Starting one projects looks like the coolest idea. I have like 4 personal projects (2 in progress .. and 2 in planning). It's easier if you are in engineering.

I'm a sophomore in high school and I have always had senioritis. Or maybe I'm just a slacker...

Related to Graduation clock is moving way too slowly

1. Why does it feel like the graduation clock is moving so slowly?

The perception of time is influenced by our emotions and thoughts. When we are eagerly anticipating an event, such as graduation, it can feel like time is moving slowly because we are constantly thinking about it and counting down the days.

2. Is there a scientific explanation for why time seems to slow down as we approach graduation?

According to research, our brain processes time differently depending on the level of engagement we have with our surroundings. When we are busy and stimulated, time appears to pass quickly. However, when we are bored or waiting for something, time can seem to drag on.

3. Will time actually slow down as we approach graduation?

No, time is a constant and does not change. It is our perception of time that can make it feel like it is moving slower or faster. As we get closer to graduation, our anticipation and excitement can make time appear to slow down.

4. Can we do anything to make time move faster?

Unfortunately, we cannot control the speed of time. However, finding activities or tasks to occupy our minds can help make the time feel like it is passing more quickly. It is also important to enjoy the present moment and not constantly focus on the future.

5. Will time speed up once we graduate?

While it may feel like time speeds up after graduation, it is likely because we are no longer anticipating the event and are busy with new responsibilities and experiences. Time will continue to pass at the same rate, but our perception of it may change as we enter a new phase of life.