Handing over the keys to the A&C forum…

• Thread starter Phobos
  • Start date
In summary, Phobos is resigning as A&C mentor. He will continue to visit the forums, but has less time for mentoring because of his real world obligations. SpaceTiger will take over as mentor.
Phobos
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You’ll soon notice another change in the mentor line up around here. Earlier this week I announced to the PF staff that I needed to resign as mentor. It’s a tough decision for me because I love these forums, which I’ve been mentoring since the beginning…through all those upgrades (kudos to Greg et al. on that) and my various forum assignments (let’s see…first I moderated the Physics forum, then the Religion & Philosophy forum, then the Other Sciences forum, and finally the Astronomy & Cosmology forum that I had always wanted and for which I am aptly user-named). But a ramp up in my real world demands means I have less and less time for mentor duties. I assume this has been noticeable to the A&C veterans lately. I’ll certainly continue to visit PF as a member whenever I can, but my free time will be in hibernation for the next few months. Anyway, I know PF and the A&C forums remain in good hands.

Greg, do I have to turn in my executive washroom keys too? I’ll just run down to the hardware store and make a quick copy first…

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You've done a great job, Phobos. We'll miss you. Best of luck in the real world, and stay in touch.

:cry: :cry: :cry: We'll miss you Phobos!

Hurry back! <snif> :cry:

Phobos, you'll definitely be missed! I hope you aren't kept away from us too long.

You actually got the keys to the executive washroom? When you get back from the hardware store, why don't you just give those to me to take to Greg since you're so busy (as soon as I get back from the hardware store myself.) o:)

Phobos has been a tremendous asset to the forums and he will be missed.

I'm sorry to see you go, Phobos, you're a great mentor. :frown:

<So 1 of my favorite mentors wants to leave us! :frown:>

Wish you success! :smile:

Best of luck Phobos. As someone I work out with says from time to time "life happens."

Moonbear said:
You actually got the keys to the executive washroom?
I got one too. It was tied with a bow to a plunger though.

Best wishes Phobos, and do drop in when you have free time.

All the best Phobos. And thanks for the continued effort to help raise PF from its birth, to what it has become today. I'm sure we all owe you a gratitude greater than we'll ever know just from our times here.

Thanks for your time and effort, you've done a really great job over the years. It won't be easy to fill your shoes.
While I don't post much in the Astronomy threads, I read them everyday. Thank you for always keeping the barr raised to such a high quality.

Yeah, I read but don't post in A&C too; it's super.

Thank you, Phobos!!!!!!1

Hope you enjoy whatever you're doing! :smile: (Well, as long as you're not skinning cats or anything of that sort.)

My two cents: If you guys are looking for another A&C mentor, I think SpaceTiger would be an excellent choice.

What does "handing over the keys" mean?

"Handing over the keys" is a metaphor for transferring control or ownership of something, in this case the A&C forum, to someone else.

Who is responsible for handing over the keys to the A&C forum?

The current owner or administrator of the A&C forum is responsible for handing over the keys to the designated person or group taking over control.

What does the process of handing over the keys to the A&C forum involve?

The process typically involves transferring administrative rights, ownership, and access to the forum's settings and features to the new owner or administrator. It may also involve providing instructions and guidance on how to manage and maintain the forum.

Why is there a need to hand over the keys to the A&C forum?

There may be various reasons for handing over the keys to the A&C forum, such as the current owner no longer having the time or resources to manage it, or wanting to pass on the forum to someone with fresh ideas and perspectives.

Can the process of handing over the keys to the A&C forum be reversed?

In most cases, once the keys have been handed over and the new owner has taken control of the forum, the process cannot be reversed. However, it is always important to have a clear understanding and agreement between the parties involved to avoid any misunderstandings or conflicts.