Heros Reborn: A Slow and Disappointing Reboot of the Original Series

• Thread starter gjonesy
  • Start date
In summary, the original series was good but the reboot is moving too slow and is neglecting the old story line.
gjonesy
I really like the original series, but the reborn reboot is moving way too slow, 8 episodes in and its already lost its steam. For a 13 part mini-series it is very disappointing compared to the original. It also neglects the old story line the original series left off at.

Likes Poetria
Physics news on Phys.org
Agreed. Lost interest.

Apparently it's been canceled so I guess we're no the only ones...

Yeah Kring phoned this one in, apparently this last episode was the final episode and it ended (according to Kring) the way he always intended it too. But he also said he left enough room for the network to pick it back up if they wanted the show for another season. The phrase when hell freezes over comes to mind.

I just watched the pilot (2 episodes)
I was good, not great. Worth watching the rest of it?? I miss Hiro :(

The early episodes didn't seem to be making much progress in the story. You could watch the last 2 or 3 episodes to see how it ends. I don't know about "left enough room" to pick up the series, since there's an actual ending, so for a new series there would have to be yet another crisis that only the EVO's could deal with.

rcgldr said:
...for a new series there would have to be yet another crisis that only the EVO's could deal with.
When you have a timer traveller in play, plot hooks are a snap.

Krings concept for the miniseries would have been better had they included more of the original characters (syler and Peter) moved the story at a faster pace and if he had worked in where the original left off. Maybe make syler the reluctant Hero, But it doesn't, only a few of the originals make it in the script. Hiro makes a brief appearance. Matt Parkman becomes a villain, Mica is in a bit part so is Miss Patrellie. Noah Bennett plays a main character and it moves way to slow to grab your attention to get you into the story so you'll keep watching . I watched the whole thing hoping it would get better and I just couldn't get into it. For me it was an epic failure.

Related to Heros Reborn: A Slow and Disappointing Reboot of the Original Series

1. What is "Heroes Reborn"?

"Heroes Reborn" is a television series that serves as a continuation and reboot of the original "Heroes" series that aired from 2006-2010. It follows a new set of characters with special abilities as they navigate a world where people with powers are feared and hunted.

2. How does it compare to the original "Heroes" series?

Many fans of the original series have expressed disappointment with "Heroes Reborn," citing a slow and confusing plot, underdeveloped characters, and lack of connection to the original story. The reboot has also received lower ratings and critical reception compared to the original series.

3. Is it necessary to watch the original "Heroes" series before watching "Heroes Reborn"?

No, "Heroes Reborn" can be watched without prior knowledge of the original series. However, some references and connections to the original story may be missed without having seen it.

4. Why was there a need for a reboot of the original "Heroes" series?

The producers of "Heroes Reborn" wanted to revive the franchise and bring in new viewers while also appealing to fans of the original series. They also wanted to explore new storylines and characters within the "Heroes" universe.

5. Will there be a second season of "Heroes Reborn"?

As of now, there are no plans for a second season of "Heroes Reborn." The series was originally intended to be a limited event series, and its low ratings and negative reception make it unlikely for a renewal. However, never say never in the world of television.