Hi,I need a conformal mapping that changes the superellipse to an

In summary, the conversation is about finding a conformal mapping that can transform a superellipse into a different, easier shape such as a circle or an ellipse. The equation for a superellipse is provided and various mapping methods, such as logarithmic and trigonometric functions, are mentioned. The purpose of this mapping is for plotting the curve of the superellipse.
arsalan1
hi,
I need a conformal mapping that changes the superellipse to an easier shape.
if anyone send me any helpful thing (relative article, idea) I will be so pleased.

Physics news on Phys.org

What is this superellipse, and what have you tried already?
Wakabaloola

(x/a)^2k+(y/b)^2k=1
its a super ellipse equation
its like rectangular with rounded corner.
ive tried some classic mapping like log ,sin, 1/z,...

Hey arsalan1 and welcome to the forums.

The equation you have given is a very simple equation in terms of describing the complex object you have given.

The other objects you have mentioned like log and sin are far more complex than the equation you have given.

Is there any specific reason or application you have in mind for requiring any transformation?

Hi !

to plot the curve, use the function y(x) in attachment

Attachments

• Function.JPG
    Function.JPG
    5.4 KB · Views: 449

@chiro
hi thanks for your attention
im looking for a mpping changes the super ellipse shape its not simple.
for example for ellipse conformal mapping uses compelet jacobi integral of first kind.

@jjacquelin
hi thanks for your attention
i have plot it its not my problem i wana map it to an other shape.like circle or ellipse.

Related to Hi,I need a conformal mapping that changes the superellipse to an

1. What is a conformal mapping?

A conformal mapping is a function that preserves angles between intersecting curves. In other words, it is a mapping that does not distort the shape of curves or angles.

2. What is a superellipse?

A superellipse is a mathematical curve that combines characteristics of an ellipse and a rectangle. It is defined by the equation |x/a|^n + |y/b|^n = 1, where a and b are the semi-major and semi-minor axes, and n is a parameter that determines the shape of the curve.

3. Why do you need a conformal mapping to change a superellipse?

A conformal mapping is necessary because the superellipse is not a conformal shape. This means that angles and shapes are distorted when mapped onto a different coordinate system. By using a conformal mapping, we can preserve the angles and shapes of the superellipse while transforming it into a different shape.

4. Can you give an example of a conformal mapping?

One example of a conformal mapping is the stereographic projection, which maps a sphere onto a plane while preserving angles. Other examples include the Mercator projection and the conformal mapping of the complex plane.

5. What are some applications of conformal mapping?

Conformal mapping has numerous applications in mathematics, physics, and engineering. It is used in the study of complex analysis, fluid dynamics, and electromagnetic theory. It also has practical applications in cartography, computer graphics, and image processing.