History Channel Pilot: Invention USA

In summary, History Channel is greenlighting three new unscripted shows, "Invention USA," "Deadline.com reported." "Invention USA" is a show in which Riechart Von Wolfshield and Garrett Lisi search the country for inventors and the technologies that will transform people’s lives. "Deadline.com reported" that the new unscripted shows are "Invention USA," "American Pickers," and "Pawn Stars." "Invention USA" is scheduled to air in 2012, "American Pickers" in 2013, and "Pawn Stars" in 2014.
rhody
Gold Member
Presenting its programming http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/tvbizwire/2011/05/cable-channel-greenlights-thre.php" Tuesday at the upfronts, History Channel made the announcement that it is greenlighting three new unscripted shows, Deadline.com reported. The new unscripted shows are "Invention USA," in which Riechart Von Wolfshield and Garrett Lisi search the country for inventors and the technologies that will transform people’s lives.

I asked and got permission from garrett to post, see below:
Hi Rhody,

Thanks for asking. I got asked to host this fun new show on inventors, and agreed to take it on as a side project. We're currently looking for inventors with cool prototypes to show off, with casting ending this friday, May 6, and about six weeks of shooting (for twelve episodes) beginning at the end of the month. After that, I'll be traveling around and talking to people about physics over the summer, including heading out to Europe in August. My main focus is still physics, of course, and this E8 theory I'm working on. If you post about the tv show, which you're quite welcome to do, it would also be cool if you pointed out this new blog post that appeared at Scientific American this morning:
http://www.scientificamerican.com/bl...sms-2011-05-04
That way it's clear I'm not switching careers, just moonlighting.

Garrett

I for one have no doubt your main focus is still particle physics, however, there are those who love to speculate. To put any doubts to rest, I felt it best to post his reply...

It would be cool if Garrett could post some video promotional teaser's, schedule and more background as the show's airtime segments approach.

Rhody...

P.S. Nice write up in the Sci-Am Blog, especially item number 8, hey wait, all it needs is an "E" in front of it. I know, I am bad, couldn't resist, hehe...

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
P.S. Nice write up in the Sci-Am Blog, especially item number 8, hey wait, all it needs is an "E" in front of it. I know, I am bad, couldn't resist, hehe...

...you know know what needs an E before and I? Both my first and last name, you know, like as in "Einstein"... :)

Reichart Von Wolfsheild

Rhody, the Sci Amer URL didn't work for me

phinds said:
Rhody, the Sci Amer URL didn't work for me
phinds,

You are correct, the blog pages change as time evolves, I will post any new info as I discover it, or that garrett gives me a heads up on. A search of the blog area came up empty as well.

Rhody...

1. What is "Invention USA" about?

"Invention USA" is a television pilot that was aired on the History Channel. It follows two inventors, Reichart Von Wolfsheild and Garrett Lisi, as they travel across America in search of the next big invention.

2. Who are the hosts of "Invention USA"?

The hosts of "Invention USA" are Reichart Von Wolfsheild and Garrett Lisi, who are both inventors themselves. They also have backgrounds in science and technology, making them knowledgeable and passionate about the subject matter.

3. What types of inventions are featured on the show?

The show features a wide range of inventions, from practical solutions to everyday problems to groundbreaking innovations. Some examples include a device that helps people with disabilities navigate stairs, a portable water purification system, and a new type of solar panel.

4. Is "Invention USA" educational?

Yes, "Invention USA" is not only entertaining, but also educational. The show explores the science and technology behind each invention and delves into the inventors' backgrounds and inspirations. Viewers can learn about the process of inventing and the potential impact of these inventions on society.

5. Is "Invention USA" still on the air?

No, "Invention USA" was only a pilot and was not picked up for a full series. However, it can still be viewed on the History Channel's website or on streaming platforms. There are also similar shows on other networks, such as "Shark Tank" on ABC and "Innovations" on the Science Channel.