How Can I Write an Absolute Value Function for the Outline of the Khufu Pyramid?

In summary, the largest pyramid in the first wonder of the world is Khufu, standing at 450 feet tall and with a base of 755 feet long. In a coordinate plane with each unit representing one foot and the origin at the center of the pyramid base, an absolute value function can be written for the outline of the pyramid. In another conversation, the user is seeking help with a problem involving simultaneous linear equations, and it is recommended to create a new thread for each question. A solution is suggested by multiplying the first equation by 2 and subtracting them.
uyenchristine
Okay, we don't understand this and we need much help

the largest pyramid included in the first wonder of the world is Khufu. IT stands 450 feet tall and its base is 755 feet long. Imagine that a coordinate plane is placed over side of the pyramid. In the coordinate plane, each unit represent one foot and the origin is at the center of the pyramid base. Write an abolute value function for the outline of the pyramid

please help:confused:

Mathematics news on Phys.org
no one answered the other one.:bugeye:

Do you know what "absolute value function" means?

hey...help me on this problem of simultanous linear equation;

2x-3y=9t
4x-y=8t

uyenchristine said:

2x-3y=9t
4x-y=8t

Multiply your first equation by 2 and subtract the formulas from each other.
And someone move this to a new thread :)

uyenchristine said:

2x-3y=9t
4x-y=8t

How about one question per thread?

For the solution: try multiplying the top one by 2 and subtracting them.

Related to How Can I Write an Absolute Value Function for the Outline of the Khufu Pyramid?

1. What is the concept of "We with Absolute Value"?

The concept of "We with Absolute Value" refers to the use of absolute value in mathematical equations involving multiple variables or quantities.

2. How is absolute value used in "We with Absolute Value"?

Absolute value is used to indicate the distance of a number from zero, regardless of its sign. In "We with Absolute Value", this is often applied to multiple variables to represent their combined effect.

3. What are some real-life applications of "We with Absolute Value"?

"We with Absolute Value" can be applied in various fields, such as economics, physics, and engineering. For example, it can be used to model the relationship between supply and demand in economics or to calculate the net force acting on an object in physics.

4. How is "We with Absolute Value" different from other mathematical concepts?

"We with Absolute Value" is a specific application of absolute value in mathematical equations, whereas other concepts may involve different operations or principles. It is often used to simplify and solve equations involving multiple variables.

5. What are some tips for effectively using "We with Absolute Value" in problem-solving?

When using "We with Absolute Value", it is important to carefully consider the variables involved and their respective absolute values. It can also be helpful to visualize the equations and their effects on the overall outcome. Breaking down the problem into smaller parts can also make it easier to solve.