How do I submit a programming website link to Resources?

• Thread starter Psinter
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a category for computer and programming-related links in the forum's Resources section. Various suggestions are made, including using existing categories such as "Other Sciences" or creating a new category specifically for computing. The conversation also mentions the possibility of a paid subscription website with helpful material and the need for a category for free, accessible resources. Ultimately, the conversation concludes with the idea of creating a computer-related section for the forum.
Psinter
I have a link (which someone shared with the whole web) about a website on computer programming that I have found posses very helpful material for various kinds of short training and reviewing concepts. However, on the Category for Links I see:
  • Physics
  • Astronomy
  • Math
  • Engineering
  • Chemistry
  • Biology
In what Category can I put it? If any at all?

Thanks beforehand for your answer.

Edit: Nevermind. The website is great alright, but it requires a paid subscription. But still, if in the future I find one that anyone can access, which category would I go with?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Good question, I have a bunch that I didn't submit because I couldn't find the category.

This is a job for... @Greg Bernhardt should he decide to take it we will need a category for computing or two for programming and computer hardware. I think computing would be good.

This post will self destruct in 5 eons:

Last edited:
Likes Psinter
Or one category "Misc"/"Others"?

Likes Psinter
mfb said:
Or one category "Misc"/"Others"?

That's a cruel blow to Computer Scientists and Software Engineers everywhere. :-)

Likes phinds and ProfuselyQuarky
jedishrfu said:
That's a cruel blow to Computer Scientists and Software Engineers everywhere. :-)
:DD

I was honestly thinking at the beginning that since some universities have Software Engineering curriculum, maybe the links could fall on the category of Engineering. But the definitions are so much, that one could only guess.

Psinter said:
Edit: Nevermind. The website is great alright, but it requires a paid subscription. But still, if in the future I find one that anyone can access, which category would I go with?

There's 2 sections under " other sciences"
maybe you didn't notice them ?

programming and computer sciences
Computers and technology

sure it would fit in one of them :)

Dave

jedishrfu said:
@Greg Bernhardt we need your help.

The rebel alliance
needs a topic for computing
or computer science.
there is and has been for ages

see my previous post :)Dave

davenn said:
There's 2 sections under " other sciences"
maybe you didn't notice them ?

programming and computer sciences
Computers and technology

sure it would fit in one of them :)

Dave
I'm not so sure, but I think what you mention is in the forum, not on the Resources where one submits links. :smile:

Psinter said:
I'm not so sure, but I think what you mention is in the forum, not on the Resources where one submits links. :smile:

ahh hah LOL ohhh dear, not sure if I had visited that area before ... fair comment from you

there is a random links thing you can click on down the left side
But yes, maybe a computer related section would be a great ideaDave

Likes jedishrfu
davenn said:
ahh hah LOL ohhh dear, not sure if I had visited that area before ... fair comment from you

there is a random links thing you can click on down the left side
But yes, maybe a computer related section would be a great ideaDave
Hihi. It's okay, it's a little secluded after all.

Related to How do I submit a programming website link to Resources?

1. How do I find the appropriate category to submit my programming website link?

The first step is to navigate to the Resources section of the website. Then, browse through the categories to find the one that best fits your website. If you are unsure, you can always contact the website administrators for assistance.

2. Is there a fee for submitting a programming website link to Resources?

No, there is no fee for submitting a link to Resources. It is a free service provided by the website to help promote and share useful programming resources with the community.

3. Can I submit multiple programming website links to Resources?

Yes, you are welcome to submit multiple links as long as they are relevant and fit into different categories. However, please avoid submitting the same link multiple times.

4. How long does it take for a submitted programming website link to be approved?

The approval process may vary depending on the website's policies and the number of submissions. It could take a few days to a few weeks for your link to be reviewed and approved. If you do not hear back within a reasonable time frame, you can reach out to the website administrators for an update.

5. Can I edit or remove my submitted programming website link from Resources?

Yes, you can edit or remove your link by contacting the website administrators. They will be able to assist you with any changes or removal requests. However, please keep in mind that once a link is approved and published, it may be archived and not easily removed from the website.