How much is EACH jump ring?

• MHB
  • Thread starter Enoonmai
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jump Ring
So each jump ring costs 0.8 cents. In summary, if you buy a pack of 1,000 jump rings for $8, each jump ring costs 0.8 cents. This is the same as saying "one tenth of 8 cents per ring."
Enoonmai
If I get a pack of 1,000 jump rings (for jewelry), and the bag costs me $8, how much is EACH jump ring? is it 8 divided by 1,000, which is .008 cents per ring, or is this .008 dollars, and I move the decimal spaces two to the left to get cents? I m a bit confused... Thanks!

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I would write:

\(\displaystyle \frac{\$8}{1000 \text{ jump rings}}\cdot\frac{100\text{ cents}}{\$1}=\frac{4}{5}\,\frac{\text{cents}}{\text{jump ring}}\)

MarkFL said:
I would write:

\(\displaystyle \frac{\$8}{1000 \text{ jump rings}}\cdot\frac{100\text{ cents}}{\$1}=\frac{4}{5}\,\frac{\text{cents}}{\text{jump ring}}\)

Thank you very much! So the .008 was just .008 "dollars" earlier? $8/1000 = 0.008 Dollars?

Is that the same as saying "one tenth of 8 cents per ring" ?

Enoonmai said:
Thank you very much! So the .008 was just .008 "dollars" earlier? $8/1000 = 0.008 Dollars?

Is that the same as saying "one tenth of 8 cents per ring" ?

Yes, and another way to look at it is "4 cents for every 5 jump rings."

1. How are jump rings priced?

Jump rings are typically priced based on the material they are made of. More expensive materials, such as gold or silver, will result in a higher price for each jump ring.

2. What is the average cost of a jump ring?

The average cost of a jump ring can vary depending on the material and size. However, on average, a jump ring can cost anywhere from 10 cents to 50 cents each.

3. Are jump rings sold individually or in bulk?

Jump rings can be sold both individually and in bulk. Some suppliers may offer discounts for bulk purchases, while others may only sell them individually.

4. How many jump rings are typically needed for a project?

The number of jump rings needed for a project will depend on the size and complexity of the project. It is always a good idea to have extra jump rings on hand in case of mistakes or miscalculations.

5. Can I make my own jump rings to save money?

Yes, it is possible to make your own jump rings using wire and a jump ring mandrel. However, this may not always be cost-effective and may require additional tools and skills. It is best to compare the cost of making your own jump rings versus purchasing them pre-made.