How to integrate this equation?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of time management. The speakers discussed different strategies for managing time effectively, such as creating a schedule and prioritizing tasks. They also talked about the importance of setting realistic goals and avoiding distractions. Overall, the conversation emphasized the importance of being organized and disciplined in order to make the most of one's time.
SantiagoCR
TL;DR Summary
calculate integral of a differential equation
Hello,

can someone help me to solve the following differential equation analitically:

$$\frac{2 y''}{y'} - \frac{y'}{y} = \frac{x'}{x}$$

where ##y = y(t)## and ##x = x(t)##

br

Santiago

Physics news on Phys.org
Hint: $$\frac{2y''}{y'}=2\log\left(y'\right)',\quad\frac{y'}{y}=\log\left(y\right)',\quad\frac{x'}{x}=\log\left(x\right)'$$

• Informative
Likes Kumail Haider, SantiagoCR, Frabjous and 1 other person
renormalize said:
Hint: $$\frac{2y''}{y'}=2\log\left(y'\right)',\quad\frac{y'}{y}=\log\left(y\right)',\quad\frac{x'}{x}=\log\left(x\right)'$$
cool, thank you very much!

1. What is the purpose of integrating an equation?

Integrating an equation allows us to find the total value or area under a curve. It is a fundamental tool in calculus and is used to solve a variety of real-world problems in physics, engineering, and other fields.

2. How do I know when to use integration?

Integration is typically used when we need to find the total value or area under a curve, or when we need to find the inverse of differentiation. It is also used to solve differential equations and to determine the average value of a function.

3. What are the different methods of integration?

There are several methods of integration, including the basic integration rules (power rule, product rule, quotient rule, etc.), substitution, integration by parts, partial fractions, and trigonometric substitution. The method used depends on the complexity of the equation and the type of function involved.

4. How do I check if my integration is correct?

You can check if your integration is correct by differentiating the result and seeing if it matches the original function. You can also use online integration calculators or software to verify your answer.

5. What are the common mistakes to avoid when integrating an equation?

Some common mistakes to avoid when integrating an equation include forgetting to add the constant of integration, using incorrect integration rules, and not simplifying the integral before solving. It is also important to be careful with signs and to double-check your work for any arithmetic errors.