Hysplit.v5.2.3_UbuntuOS20.04.4LTS_public compiling erorr

• Thread starter emilmammadzada
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation is about trying to run the HYSPLIT application on a Windows 10 system. The user encountered an error and is looking for help in compiling the app. They mention an exe file and ask for assistance with calculating stopping power. The expert asks for more information about the app and the user provides a link to the HYSPLIT website, stating that it has files for both Windows and Ubuntu systems.
emilmammadzada
TL;DR Summary
hysplit.v5.2.3_UbuntuOS20.04.4LTS_public error
I run make command this for app give me this error .How can i compiling this app

Code:
emil@DESKTOP-:~/hysplit.v5.2.3_UbuntuOS20.04.4LTS_public$ make
Building exec directory programs [Mon Feb 20 23:09:41 +03 2023]
ERROR: see '/home/emil/hysplit.v5.2.3_UbuntuOS20.04.4LTS_public/make.2023-02-20.log' for details
make: *** [Makefile:35: all] Error 1
emil@DESKTOP-:~/hysplit.v5.2.3_UbuntuOS20.04.4LTS_public$ sudo make
Building exec directory programs [Mon Feb 20 23:09:49 +03 2023]
ERROR: see '/home/emil/hysplit.v5.2.3_UbuntuOS20.04.4LTS_public/make.2023-02-20.log' for details
make: *** [Makefile:35: all] Error 1

Engineering news on Phys.org
This is a program that models air flow?

Likes emilmammadzada
Alex A said:
This is a program that models air flow?
Yes. Imaging of atmospheric dispersion, emission of radiation in airflow.I installed this exe file. I have a question, I couldn't calculate stopping power in fluka

What app are you trying to build? Have you check the error log?

Likes emilmammadzada
DrClaude said:
What app are you trying to build? Have you check the error log?
I am starting use this app on windows 10 .This app have exe file

emilmammadzada said:
I am starting use this app on windows 10 .This app have exe file
Which app??? If you can't give more information, I will have to close the thread.

Likes emilmammadzada
DrClaude said:
Which app??? If you can't give more information, I will have to close the thread.
https://www.ready.noaa.gov/HYSPLIT.php You can access information about the application from this site.

• Informative
Likes Alex A and DrClaude
emilmammadzada said:
https://www.ready.noaa.gov/HYSPLIT.php You can access information about the application from this site.
I wanted to run the hysplit application on ubuntu and I did not know that this application would work on windows systems.And this application has working files for both systems

1. What is hysplit.v5.2.3_UbuntuOS20.04.4LTS_public and why is it important?

Hysplit.v5.2.3_UbuntuOS20.04.4LTS_public is a computer program used for atmospheric dispersion modeling. It is important because it allows scientists to simulate the movement of pollutants and other substances in the atmosphere, which is crucial for understanding and predicting air quality and potential hazards.

2. What is the compiling error and how does it affect the use of hysplit.v5.2.3_UbuntuOS20.04.4LTS_public?

The compiling error is an error that occurs during the process of converting the source code of hysplit.v5.2.3_UbuntuOS20.04.4LTS_public into an executable program. This error can prevent the program from running properly, making it difficult or impossible to use.

3. What are some common causes of the compiling error for hysplit.v5.2.3_UbuntuOS20.04.4LTS_public?

The compiling error can be caused by a variety of factors, such as missing or incorrect files, incompatible libraries, or errors in the source code itself. It can also be caused by issues with the compiler or operating system.

4. How can the compiling error for hysplit.v5.2.3_UbuntuOS20.04.4LTS_public be fixed?

The specific steps to fix the compiling error will depend on the cause of the error. However, some common solutions include ensuring all necessary files and libraries are present, updating the compiler or operating system, and checking for any errors in the source code. It may also be helpful to consult the user manual or seek assistance from other users or developers.

5. Is there a way to prevent the compiling error from occurring in the first place?

While it is not always possible to prevent the compiling error, there are some steps that can help minimize the chances of encountering it. These include regularly updating the program and its dependencies, following proper coding practices, and ensuring all necessary files and libraries are present before attempting to compile the program.