I want to know which software was used to create vector calculus graph

In summary, the conversation discusses the software used to create graphs in the Marsden and Tromba vector calculus book, with a suggestion of Mathegrafix being a possible option. The end covers of the book may provide more information, and other software such as Matlab or Mathematica may also be used by authors.
Alexanddros81
TL;DR Summary
I want to know which software was used to create vector calculus graphs. The book is "Vector Calculus" by Marsden and Tromba 6th edition.
Hi.
I have the Marsden an Tromba vector calculus book 6th edition.
I was wondering which software was used to create the books graphs.
I attach two graphs as an example.
Thanks

Attachments

• Physics Forums 1.jpg
    Physics Forums 1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Physics Forums 2.jpg
    Physics Forums 2.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 90
Physics news on Phys.org
Perhaps the end covers of the book will provide the answer. They sometimes list credits, fonts used and software.

Some authors may use Matlab or Mathematica too.

1. What is vector calculus?

Vector calculus is a branch of mathematics that deals with quantities that have both magnitude and direction, such as velocity, acceleration, and force. It involves the use of vectors and their operations to solve problems in fields such as physics, engineering, and computer graphics.

2. Why is vector calculus important?

Vector calculus is important because it provides a powerful framework for understanding and solving problems involving physical quantities that have both magnitude and direction. It is also essential in many areas of science and engineering, including mechanics, electromagnetism, fluid dynamics, and computer graphics.

3. What software is commonly used to create vector calculus graphs?

The most commonly used software for creating vector calculus graphs is a computer algebra system (CAS) such as Mathematica, Maple, or MATLAB. These programs have built-in functions for manipulating and graphing vectors and vector fields.

4. Can I create vector calculus graphs without using specialized software?

Yes, it is possible to create vector calculus graphs without using specialized software. However, it may be more time-consuming and require a deeper understanding of vector calculus concepts. You can use a graphing calculator or create the graphs by hand using graph paper and a ruler.

5. Is there free software available for creating vector calculus graphs?

Yes, there are some free software options available for creating vector calculus graphs, such as GeoGebra and Desmos. These programs are designed for educational purposes and may have limited features compared to paid software. However, they can still be useful for creating basic vector calculus graphs.