Image Gallery Suggestion - Sort by Member

• Thread starter gneill
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the new Image Gallery and the possibility of adding mechanisms to sort by poster or pull up all images by a specific poster. This would make it easier to find images posted by a particular member and maintain a portfolio of commonly used images. The speaker also brings up the functionality of the current search function and a bug report is made regarding its behavior when switching pages. The response clarifies that the search function only searches the file name.
gneill
Mentor
The new Image Gallery is nice. Would it be possible to provide mechanisms to sort by poster, or pull up all images by a given poster?

Sometimes one might remember an image that was posted by a given member but tracking it back to a thread that's weeks or months old can be daunting, particularly if the particular forum or thread is remembered only fuzzily. It would also allow one to maintain a portfolio of handy images that can be linked to, rather than uploading the same or similar images over and over each time.

Physics news on Phys.org
gneill said:
The new Image Gallery is nice. Would it be possible to provide mechanisms to sort by poster, or pull up all images by a given poster?

Good idea, I'll put it on my list!

How does the current search function work, by the way? It gives some reasonable results (and some odd results), even in posts where the searched expression is not used (I checked title and tags as well).
And if you switch to another page, the searched expression is ignored.

Edit: Oh, the most obvious thing :D.

Last edited:
mfb said:
How does the current search function work, by the way? It gives some reasonable results (and some odd results), even in posts where the searched expression is not used (I checked title and tags as well).
And if you switch to another page, the searched expression is ignored.

Just searches the file name. Thanks for the bug report.

Related to Image Gallery Suggestion - Sort by Member

1. How does the "Sort by Member" feature work?

The "Sort by Member" feature in the image gallery suggestion allows users to organize the images in the gallery based on the member who uploaded them. This means that users can easily find all the images uploaded by a specific member without having to manually search through the entire gallery.

2. Can I sort the images by multiple members?

Yes, the "Sort by Member" feature allows users to select multiple members and sort the images in the gallery accordingly. This is useful for users who want to view images uploaded by a specific group of members or collaborators.

3. How do I access the "Sort by Member" feature?

The "Sort by Member" feature can be accessed by clicking on the drop-down menu or button labeled "Sort by Member" in the image gallery. This will open a list of members to choose from and allow users to select the desired member to sort the images.

4. Does the "Sort by Member" feature work on all types of devices?

Yes, the "Sort by Member" feature is compatible with all devices, including desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. Users can access this feature on any device with internet access and a web browser.

5. Can I customize the order of members in the "Sort by Member" feature?

No, the order of members in the "Sort by Member" feature is automatically generated based on the date and time of their image uploads. This ensures that the most recent images from each member appear at the top of the sorted list.