Is the Recent Surge in PF Traffic Linked to the Academic Season?

• Thread starter pinball1970
  • Start date
pinball1970
Gold Member
I have noticed an increase, could be back to school weeks but just seems a little more than usual.
No hard data other than me noticing.
A good thing if correct.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Yep, PF is very seasonal. Most universities came back for the spring semester this week.

Likes russ_watters, Haborix, Nugatory and 1 other person
"And I looked, and behold a [new semester]: and his name that sat on him was [Physics], and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the [half] part of the [year], to kill with [assignment], and with hunger, and with [exams], and with the [graduate students] of the earth." Revelations 6:8 (modified)

• Haha
Likes Tom.G and pinball1970
pinball1970 said:
No hard data other than me noticing.
I can say that the Mentors handled about twice the number of issues in January (so far) compared to all of December. Can we send all the students back home for some more holidays please...? :wink:

• Wow
Likes Wrichik Basu, pinball1970 and Greg Bernhardt
Haborix said:
"And I looked, and behold a [new semester]: and his name that sat on him was [Physics], and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the [half] part of the [year], to kill with [assignment], and with hunger, and with [exams], and with the [graduate students] of the earth." Revelations 6:8 (modified)
It's "Revelation" John only had one ;)

The reason I asked was, even taking into account return to Uni lads and lassies, I noticed a newbie increase asking questions of a non uni type.

Likes Haborix and berkeman
pinball1970 said:
It's "Revelation" John only had one ;)

The reason I asked was, even taking into account return to Uni lads and lassies, I noticed a newbie increase asking questions of a non uni type.
Maybe my modification counts as a new revelation:biggrin:? I'll stop blaspheming now.

• Haha
Likes pinball1970 and berkeman