Ineresting thought on earth's speed and rotation.

In summary: I think it has to do with the first reason. We don't feel movement because inertia is a physical law that governs the tendency of an object to remain at rest or continue at a given velocity.
RenasontsMan said:
I once was on an elevator nearing the 100th floor when the cable snapped.
As the elevator plummeted and I watched the floor numbers tumbling wildly, I timed my vertical jump perfectly just as the elevator hit the concrete basement and here I am, none the worse for the experience.

But with respect to Mother Gaia and her motions, she is dragging the entire atmosphere along with her through space. So moving up avails you nothing.

This won't happen in a real elevator unless is claimed it happened before 1850's.
But then, 100 stories buildings??.
The safety brakes will slow down or even stop the motion.
Of course, it has no consequence on the (in)validity of the point under discussion.
Just that you need to do your research even to make up legends.

<h2>1. How fast does the Earth rotate?</h2><p>The Earth rotates at a speed of approximately 1,037 miles per hour at the equator. This speed decreases as you move closer to the poles.</p><h2>2. What causes the Earth to rotate?</h2><p>The Earth's rotation is caused by the combination of its initial spin from its formation and the gravitational pull of the Moon and Sun.</p><h2>3. Does the Earth's rotation affect our perception of time?</h2><p>Yes, the Earth's rotation affects our perception of time. The rotation of the Earth creates the concept of a day, and our circadian rhythms are based on this cycle.</p><h2>4. Could the Earth's rotation change in the future?</h2><p>Yes, the Earth's rotation is constantly changing due to factors such as the gravitational pull of other planets and the redistribution of mass within the Earth. However, these changes are very small and not noticeable in our lifetime.</p><h2>5. How does the Earth's rotation impact the weather?</h2><p>The Earth's rotation plays a major role in the formation of weather patterns. The rotation of the Earth causes the Coriolis effect, which influences the direction of winds and ocean currents, ultimately impacting weather patterns.</p>

1. How fast does the Earth rotate?

The Earth rotates at a speed of approximately 1,037 miles per hour at the equator. This speed decreases as you move closer to the poles.

2. What causes the Earth to rotate?

The Earth's rotation is caused by the combination of its initial spin from its formation and the gravitational pull of the Moon and Sun.

3. Does the Earth's rotation affect our perception of time?

Yes, the Earth's rotation affects our perception of time. The rotation of the Earth creates the concept of a day, and our circadian rhythms are based on this cycle.

4. Could the Earth's rotation change in the future?

Yes, the Earth's rotation is constantly changing due to factors such as the gravitational pull of other planets and the redistribution of mass within the Earth. However, these changes are very small and not noticeable in our lifetime.

5. How does the Earth's rotation impact the weather?

The Earth's rotation plays a major role in the formation of weather patterns. The rotation of the Earth causes the Coriolis effect, which influences the direction of winds and ocean currents, ultimately impacting weather patterns.