Interval of the Riemann integral value

In summary, the conversation discusses finding an interval for a Riemann integral and suggests using the function $\tfrac1{\sqrt{4-x^2-x^3}}$, which is known to increase on the interval $0\leqslant x\leqslant 1$, to estimate values for $A$ and $B$.
goody1
Hello everyone, I have to find an interval of this Riemann integral. Does anybody know the easiest way how to do it? I think we need to do something with denominator, enlarge it somehow. My another guess is the integral is always larger than 0 (A=0) because the whole function is still larger than 0 on interval from 0 to 1. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• integral.png
    integral.png
    1 KB · Views: 56
Physics news on Phys.org
The function $\tfrac1{\sqrt{4-x^2-x^3}}$ increases on the interval $0\leqslant x\leqslant 1$. The minimum value occurs when $x=0$, and the maximum at $x=1$. You can use that to get estimates for $A$ and $B$.

Opalg said:
The function $\tfrac1{\sqrt{4-x^2-x^3}}$ increases on the interval $0\leqslant x\leqslant 1$. The minimum value occurs when $x=0$, and the maximum at $x=1$. You can use that to get estimates for $A$ and $B$.
I tried this. Is that corect solution?

Attachments

• inn.png
    inn.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 64
goody said:
I tried this. Is that corect solution?
Yes, that is what I had in mind. :)

What is the interval of the Riemann integral value?

The interval of the Riemann integral value refers to the range of values that the Riemann integral can take on. It is typically denoted by [a, b], where a and b are the lower and upper bounds of the interval, respectively.

How is the interval of the Riemann integral value determined?

The interval of the Riemann integral value is determined by the limits of integration, which represent the starting and ending points of the function being integrated. These limits can be set by the user or may be given in the problem.

What is the significance of the interval of the Riemann integral value?

The interval of the Riemann integral value is important because it represents the area under the curve of a function within a specific range. This area can have physical or mathematical significance and can be used to solve various problems in calculus and other fields of science.

Can the interval of the Riemann integral value be infinite?

Yes, the interval of the Riemann integral value can be infinite if the limits of integration are infinite or if the function being integrated has an infinite range. In these cases, the integral value will also be infinite.

How does the interval of the Riemann integral value relate to the accuracy of the integral?

The interval of the Riemann integral value does not directly determine the accuracy of the integral. However, a smaller interval (i.e. a smaller range of values) can lead to a more accurate approximation of the integral value. This is because a smaller interval allows for more precise calculations and a better representation of the function being integrated.