Invertiable Matrix - explaining it to children - ideas how to teach

In summary, to make a curriculum explaining invertible matrices, you can use tools such as a whiteboard, papers, and printed website pages. You can order the curriculum by starting with the basics and gradually introducing new material. The main focus will be on teaching the concept of invertible matrices and how to identify and use their inverse.
roni1
How can I make a curriculum to student, to explain the term Invertiable Matrix?

What would I use to explain?
[tools, whiteboard, papers. printed website pages...]

How can I order the curriculum?
What will be in the start of year and what will be next?

This new material that I need to teach in the coming year.

Thanks for responds...
-Roni

Physics news on Phys.org
First, you should spell "invertible" correctly! (I would have thought that was a typo but you misspelled it, in the same way, twice.)

A matrix, A, is "invertible" if there exist a matrix, B, such that AB is the identity matrix. Then B is the (multiplicative) inverse of A. This is exactly the same as saying that "1/2" is the multiplicative inverse of2.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is an invertible matrix?

An invertible matrix is a special type of matrix in mathematics that can be "flipped" or "reversed" to get back to the original matrix. In simpler terms, think of it as a puzzle piece that can be turned around and still fit perfectly into the puzzle.

2. How do you know if a matrix is invertible?

A matrix is invertible if its determinant (a number that can be calculated from the matrix) is not equal to zero. If the determinant is zero, then the matrix cannot be inverted.

3. Why is it important to have an invertible matrix?

Invertible matrices are important in many areas of mathematics, science, and engineering. They are used to solve systems of equations, transform coordinates, and even encrypt data. They also have many real-world applications, such as in computer graphics and navigation systems.

4. How do you find the inverse of a matrix?

To find the inverse of a matrix, you can use a special method called the "Gauss-Jordan elimination." This involves using a series of mathematical operations to transform the original matrix into its inverse. There are also online calculators and software programs that can find the inverse for you.

5. Can any matrix be inverted?

No, not all matrices can be inverted. Only square matrices (matrices with the same number of rows and columns) can be inverted, and only if their determinant is not equal to zero. Matrices with different numbers of rows and columns, known as rectangular matrices, cannot be inverted.