Is there any field in physics I can major in as Msc?

In summary, the speaker is studying Physics and hoping to secure a job in the field after completing a BSc. They are considering pursuing an MSc or Meng, but are concerned about their age. They mention that most physicists end up teaching or working in theoretical fields, and ask if there are any other options in physics that could lead to a job in a company. The other person suggests the software industry and getting an MS in Computer Science, as it is well paid and enjoyable. The speaker finds this option interesting and is considering it.
Elano
Hello, I study Physics and I'm hoping with my Bsc I would be able to secure a job in this field but I discovered that most physicist are either teaching and/or scientists chasing theories...is there any field in physics I can major in as Msc? because i would really like to work in a company.unlike other disciplines such as Account,...i mean an accountant might end up in a bank

Sorry, I've been busy.well, I have come to my conclusion. I would rather go for my Msc/Meng, considering my age I don't think I can subscribe for any B's(Bachelor degrees). THANKS for the post!

Sorry, I've been busy. Well, I've come to my conclusion I would rather go for my MSC/Meng, considering my age and other things. Anyway THANKS for the post!

Is there a software industry in your country? We hire many physics majors. Software is fun and can be very well paid. You could get a MS in Computer Science. After physics, you will find it easy.

Last edited:
Software you say, an interesting choice! I would consider it

1. What are the different fields of physics that I can choose for my Msc major?

There are several fields of physics that you can major in for your Msc degree. Some of the most common ones include astrophysics, particle physics, condensed matter physics, nuclear physics, and biophysics. However, there are also many other specialized fields within physics that you may choose to pursue.

2. How do I decide which field of physics is right for me?

To decide which field of physics is best for you, it's important to consider your interests, strengths, and career goals. You may also want to talk to professors or current students in different fields of physics to get a better understanding of what each field entails.

3. Is there a high demand for professionals in any specific field of physics?

The demand for professionals in different fields of physics varies depending on the current job market and advancements in technology. However, fields like astrophysics, biophysics, and materials science are expected to have a high demand in the future as they have a wide range of applications in various industries.

4. Can I major in more than one field of physics for my Msc degree?

Many universities offer the option to double major or minor in different fields of physics for your Msc degree. However, it may require additional coursework and may take longer to complete. It's important to consult with your academic advisor to determine if this is a feasible option for you.

5. What are the job prospects for graduates with an Msc in physics?

Graduates with an Msc in physics have a wide range of career opportunities, including research positions in academia, government agencies, and private industries. They may also pursue careers in fields such as engineering, data science, and finance. The job prospects for physics graduates are generally favorable, with a high demand for individuals with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.