Is this material is good for fiber optics and who would buy it?

In summary, the conversation talks about the speaker's attempts to improve their economic situation by creating new inventions. They mention a new material, Ultrason e 3010, and ask if it can be used for fiber optics and if there are any potential buyers or laboratories interested in purchasing it. They also provide a link to information on the material's properties and suggest using the Wikipedia article on fiber optics for more information.
hagopbul
Hello All :

as i try to create better economical situation for my self , as some of you noticed that i tried to enhance few things in engines , although it did not quaitly work out it lead to another invention , i couldnt change it yet to economical benefit , due to tests required , and dont know how to change a scientific work into profit

a friend of mine offer me to help him selling some polymer materials , as a way to create a mutual benefit , the material is Ultrason e 3010 .

my question is this material is able to be used for fiber optics ?
if yes do you know who will process it so we contact them ?
if know do you know any possible buyers so we contact them ?
is there any laboratories who do research on polymers need quantities of it so we contact them ?

Best Regards
Hagop

link on some material information :
https://www.campusplastics.com/campus/en/datasheet/Ultrason®+E+3010+NAT/BASF/20/2d44628b/US

Science news on Phys.org
The Wikipedia article on FO materials and manufacturing is pretty good. Have a look at it to see if you can answer your own question (see the Materials Properties and Manufacturing sections mid-way through the article):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_fiber

Likes hagopbul and Vanadium 50
hagopbul said:
my question is this material is able to be used for fiber optics ?
The loss through (several metres of?) the material may be the most relevant property for a useful light fibre. You can look that up, easily.

1. What makes a material suitable for fiber optics?

A material must have a high refractive index and low attenuation (loss of light) to be suitable for fiber optics. It should also be flexible, durable, and have a high melting point to withstand high temperatures during the manufacturing process.

2. How do scientists determine if a material is good for fiber optics?

Scientists use various tests and measurements to determine if a material is suitable for fiber optics. These include refractive index measurements, attenuation measurements, and tensile strength tests to evaluate the flexibility and durability of the material.

3. Are there any specific industries or applications that would require this material for fiber optics?

Yes, there are several industries and applications that rely on fiber optics. These include telecommunications, internet and data transmission, medical imaging, and industrial sensing and monitoring.

4. Can any type of material be used for fiber optics?

No, not all materials are suitable for fiber optics. Only materials with the necessary properties, such as high refractive index and low attenuation, can effectively transmit light through the fibers.

5. Who would typically purchase this material for fiber optics?

The material would typically be purchased by manufacturers of fiber optic cables and components, as well as companies in industries that rely on fiber optics for their operations, such as telecommunication companies and medical imaging facilities.