Journal Export Now Available

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the forum is scheduled to be upgraded next week, but the current journal is incompatible with the new version. In order to save their journal entries, users can use the export option on their main journal page. However, when copying and pasting, extra characters may be added, so users should be aware of this potential issue. Alternatively, users can save the link of their journal page by using the "file >> save as" option. This feature has been praised for its time-saving capabilities.
As stated early, we are preparing to upgrade the forum. The forum is scheduled to be upgraded late next week. Unfortunately the current journal is incompatible with the new journal. So I have written a simple script that will allow you to export the jounal entries for you to record locally and do whatever you wish with.

In each users main journal page there is an export option. It's to the right of the "add entry", "view all" buttons. You can either copy and paste or save the web page.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks. I already copied and pasted, but thought I'd give it a try just in case I liked the formatting better (with the export button, the oldest is at the top, whereas copying and pasting directly from the journal page left me with the most recent at the top...people can now do whichever suits their personal preference). One thing I noticed is that some extra characters get added. There's a backslash in front of every apostrophe and quotation mark. Is there any way to fix that? If not, folks should just be aware of it in case it would alter the meaning of something (I don't know who has what kind of formulas in their journals where this might cause some confusion if not caught and edited).

This is a great feature, Greg, it saves a lot of time. Thanks man
So i can just save the link, right ?

regards
marlon

marlon said:
This is a great feature, Greg, it saves a lot of time. Thanks man
So i can just save the link, right ?

regards
marlon

Yeah do a file >> save as

What is a "Journal Export"?

A "Journal Export" is a feature that allows users to export data from their journal entries in a specific format. This can be useful for organizing and analyzing large amounts of data, or for sharing data with others.

How do I access the "Journal Export" feature?

To access the "Journal Export" feature, you can usually find it in the settings or options menu of your journaling platform. It may also be available as an option when viewing individual journal entries.

What format does the "Journal Export" feature export data in?

The specific format may vary depending on the journaling platform, but common formats include CSV (Comma-Separated Values), Excel, and PDF. Some platforms may also offer custom formatting options.

Can I choose which journal entries to export?

Yes, most journaling platforms allow users to select specific entries or date ranges for exporting. This can be helpful if you only need to export certain data or want to exclude personal entries.

Is the "Journal Export" feature available on all journaling platforms?

No, the availability of this feature may vary depending on the platform. Some may offer it as a premium feature, while others may not have it at all. It's best to check with your specific journaling platform to see if this feature is available.