Keyboard shortcut for preview

• Thread starter brotherbobby
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation discusses the possibility of a keyboard shortcut for the preview option on PF, which would allow users to privately view their post before making it public. It is mentioned that there is no known shortcut currently. The conversation also discusses some strange responses to various keyboard combinations. However, it is mentioned that PF has properly documented all of its features. One suggestion is made to try using Ctrl+alphabet keys to search for a shortcut.
brotherbobby
Does anyone know, here in PF, what is the keyboard shortcut for the preview option, which let's you see (privately) how your post looks before you can make it public?

Physics news on Phys.org
I do not think there is any. Otherwise, it would be noted:
1621424311836.png
1621424347349.png

fresh_42 said:
I do not think there is any. Otherwise, it would be noted:
View attachment 283256 View attachment 283257
Are you saying that PF has properly documented every feature? :wink:

caz said:
Are you saying that PF has properly documented every feature? :wink:
Well, the short answer is 'yes'. The long answer is a possibly patronizing lecture about software development. :cool:

Likes Wrichik Basu
This post is trying all ctrl/key combinations to search for "Preview"; hope it doesn't crash. None found...

Trying alt/key. None found.

Trying ctrl/alt/key. None found.

Trying ctrl/shift/key. None found.

Trying ctrl/alt/shift/key. None found. (no response at all)
:cry::cry::cry:

There are strange responses to some combinations, though I didn't document them. Things like Open Page Source In Editor, Invoke HTML Debugger, Move Tab To New Browser Window, Close Tab, Change PF View To Phone Format.

Cheers,
Tom

Likes SammyS
I suggest we should try with Ctrl+(All alphabet keys) - one at a time, 26 times. :-p

1. What is a keyboard shortcut for preview?

A keyboard shortcut for preview is a combination of keys on a computer keyboard that allows you to quickly access a preview of a document, image, or webpage without having to use your mouse or trackpad.

2. How do I find the keyboard shortcut for preview on my computer?

The keyboard shortcut for preview may vary depending on your operating system and the program or application you are using. You can usually find the keyboard shortcut by going to the "Help" menu or by searching for "keyboard shortcuts" in the program's settings or preferences.

3. Can I customize the keyboard shortcut for preview?

Yes, many programs and operating systems allow you to customize keyboard shortcuts to your preference. You can usually do this in the program's settings or preferences menu.

4. What are the benefits of using a keyboard shortcut for preview?

Using a keyboard shortcut for preview can save you time and make your workflow more efficient. It also allows you to quickly preview documents or images without interrupting your current task or losing your place.

5. Is there a universal keyboard shortcut for preview?

No, there is not a universal keyboard shortcut for preview as it may vary depending on the program or operating system you are using. However, there are some commonly used keyboard shortcuts for preview, such as "Ctrl + P" for Windows and "Command + P" for Mac.