Liquid Fueled Engine: A New Perspective

In summary: At the fundamental level, the energy in the fuel is converted to thrust.At the fundamental level, the energy in the fuel is converted to thrust.
jmalitz
I know that this has been talked about already, but from the responses, I feel the topic was not addressed to the fullest, but as we know a Jet engine is subject to the amount of O2, so i was looking at a earlier post about this topic. within the replies to that topic the rocket engine was talked about in reference to being the same idea, and i can see how that mistake can be made, but this idea being taking a standard jet engine and injecting liquid O2 alongside the intake would create several issues in itself. so let's take this idea in a new way, I was looking at this idea though the idea of removing the complete intake, then either a manifold or a ring/injector design, and metered amount could be fed into the engine itself.

Physics news on Phys.org
jmalitz said:
I know that this has been talked about already, but from the responses, I feel the topic was not addressed to the fullest, but as we know a Jet engine is subject to the amount of O2, so i was looking at a earlier post about this topic. within the replies to that topic the rocket engine was talked about in reference to being the same idea, and i can see how that mistake can be made, but this idea being taking a standard jet engine and injecting liquid O2 alongside the intake would create several issues in itself. so let's take this idea in a new way, I was looking at this idea though the idea of removing the complete intake, then either a manifold or a ring/injector design, and metered amount could be fed into the engine itself.
Sorry, but your post borders on word salad. There are flight profiles that benefit from liquid oxygen fed rocket engines. Are you trying to extend the air-breathing region to faster speeds with liquid O2 injection?

berkeman said:
Sorry, but your post borders on word salad. There are flight profiles that benefit from liquid oxygen fed rocket engines. Are you trying to extend the air-breathing region to faster speeds with liquid O2 injection?
so are you going to troll so i can block you or are you going to be constructive and further this idea

Whatever. Can you please answer my technical question? Your post was honestly very hard to decode. It wasn't bad at first, but I lost comprehension by the end. Perhaps you can clarify as you respond to my technical question.

sorry just been getting some flack on this idea, but the idea i was thinking about was removing the over all intake itself and though a manifold system or a ring system, more over the off engine manifold idea would be the best idea so we could mix a metered amount before it is injected into the engine itself

No worries. But can you address the technical question in my response? And can you post a drawing of what you are proposing? I'm having trouble visualizing the injection system for LOx you are proposing, and understanding what improvements you are proposing over the current systems. Thanks.

well I have just started to put this idea to paper, so working on drawings, and to tell the truth i am a psychology major, and have no real idea on the technical accept of this, so i am going with what i know and what i can teach my self though online searches, but a simple idea as a injector system on newer cars but still putting ideas on paper here

So start with reading about jet engines and rocket engines, and how oxygen figures into each fundamental design. You probably have already read that it's best to use O2 from the atmosphere for many engine regions, and that LOx is needed for rockets for their regions. If your goal is to come up with a hybrid design that crosses over the two rocket/jet regions, then you should look at previous designs for that. Have you found the history for those cross-over regions? :smile:

that is what i am doing, and learning as i go, and thank you and again sorry for the A hole reply, but liquid O2 was the the first idea that came into mind to remove any known factors from normal breathable air, but also the idea i had with the use of pure liquid O2 could in Idea reduce the fuel amount needed.

jmalitz said:
but also the idea i had with the use of pure liquid O2 could in Idea reduce the fuel amount needed.
At the fundamental level, the energy in the fuel is converted to thrust.
So, if you bring your oxygen with you then you will need to burn more fuel to accelerate that extra mass.

Find out how much air a conventional engine uses every second .

Likes jmalitz
thank you for the input on this topic i have been working on the research

What is a liquid fueled engine?

A liquid fueled engine is a type of rocket engine that uses liquid propellants, such as liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen, to generate thrust. These propellants are stored separately in tanks on the rocket and mixed together in a combustion chamber where they are ignited to create hot gases that are expelled through a nozzle to produce thrust.

What are the advantages of using a liquid fueled engine?

Liquid fueled engines have several advantages over other types of rocket engines. They have a higher specific impulse, which means they can produce more thrust with less propellant. They also have the ability to be throttled and shut down, allowing for more precise control during flight. Additionally, liquid fueled engines can be easily reignited, making them ideal for multiple-stage rockets.

What are the challenges associated with liquid fueled engines?

The main challenge with liquid fueled engines is the complexity of the system. The propellants need to be stored and pumped under high pressure, which requires advanced technology and precise engineering. There is also a risk of potential leaks or explosions, so safety measures must be carefully implemented.

How do liquid fueled engines differ from solid fueled engines?

The main difference between liquid fueled engines and solid fueled engines is the type of propellant used. Solid fueled engines use a solid material, such as a mixture of fuel and oxidizer, that is packed into a casing and ignited. Liquid fueled engines, on the other hand, use liquid propellants that are stored separately and mixed together during operation.

Are there any alternative perspectives on liquid fueled engines?

Yes, there are alternative perspectives on liquid fueled engines. Some scientists are researching alternative propellants, such as methane, to reduce the cost and complexity of liquid fueled engines. Others are exploring hybrid engines that combine elements of both liquid and solid fuel systems. Additionally, there is ongoing research into more efficient and sustainable propulsion systems for future space exploration.