Why Does My Car's Fuel Gauge Show False Readings on Hills?

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with the fuel gauge showing false values when driving on hills. The person has a gyro and known resistance from their car's fuel tank and is seeking help or suggestions for obtaining accurate readings. A link to an article about different methods for measuring fluid levels is also provided, with a reminder to do one's own research before asking questions. The suggestion of using a sight gauge as the most reliable method is also mentioned.
daynial
hello
i am new here. I am facing a problem in fuel gauge that when i drive for a long time on hills it start to show false value. I decided to solve this problem i have a gyro and known resistance from fuel tank of my car and now i want to have true value all the time please help me with it or suggest any other method.

Engineering news on Phys.org
:welcome:

How about this? http://www.sensorsmag.com/sensors/leak-level/a-dozen-ways-measure-fluid-level-and-how-they-work-1067

You should do your own research before posting questions here.

Edit: In addition to the dozen methods above, l should mention the most reliable of all methods. I use it on my boat -- the sight gauge.

MCA_B133M.jpg

1. What is the effect of an inclined surface on liquid fuel?

The effect of an inclined surface on liquid fuel is that it causes the fuel to flow downwards due to the force of gravity. This can be observed in everyday situations such as pouring a drink from a bottle or filling a gas tank on a hill.

2. How does the angle of inclination affect the flow of liquid fuel?

The angle of inclination has a direct impact on the flow of liquid fuel. The steeper the incline, the faster the fuel will flow due to the increased force of gravity. On the other hand, a shallower incline will result in slower fuel flow.

3. What factors can affect the flow of liquid fuel on an inclined surface?

Apart from angle of inclination, factors such as viscosity and surface tension of the fuel, as well as the roughness and material of the incline surface, can also affect the flow of liquid fuel. A thicker or stickier fuel will flow slower, while a smoother surface will allow for faster flow.

4. Can the flow of liquid fuel on an inclined surface be controlled?

Yes, the flow of liquid fuel on an inclined surface can be controlled by adjusting the angle of inclination, as well as using tools such as valves or pumps to regulate the flow. In some cases, surface modifications can also be made to alter the flow of the fuel.

5. What are some practical applications of studying liquid fuel on inclined surfaces?

Studying the behavior of liquid fuel on inclined surfaces can have various practical applications, such as designing efficient fuel delivery systems for vehicles, optimizing the filling process of fuel tanks, and understanding the flow dynamics of fuel in industrial processes. It can also be useful for predicting potential hazards, such as fuel spills or leaks on sloped surfaces.