How Can You Transport Window Cleaning Supplies without a Car and Still Profit?

In summary, the person is trying to start a window washing business but needs help with the logistics of transporting materials from point A to B without using Uber or Lyft. They do not have a driver's license or a car and want to make a profit. They are considering using a bike trailer as a possible solution.
TheMacNerd
As the title explains I'm trying to start a window washing business. I need help figuring it out with the logistics part. How would I transport the window cleaning materials from points A to B without using Uber or Lyft when I don't have my driver's license or a car while still making profit?

Physics news on Phys.org
TheMacNerd said:
As the title explains I'm trying to start a window washing business. I need help figuring it out with the logistics part. How would I transport the window cleaning materials from points A to B without using Uber or Lyft when I don't have my driver's license or a car while still making profit?
Looks like it gets pretty cold in the winter where you are: https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/ny/penfield/14526

So I don't know if it's practical or not for you, but consider something like this?

https://wicycle.com/images_product/back_angle800__pop-up.jpg
back_angle800__pop-up.jpg

Attachments

• back_angle800__pop-up.jpg
    back_angle800__pop-up.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 348
Likes Choppy

1. How can logistics help improve my window washing business?

Logistics can help improve your window washing business by streamlining your operations and making them more efficient. This includes optimizing delivery routes, managing inventory and supplies, and coordinating schedules to ensure timely service to clients.

2. What are some common logistics challenges faced by window washing businesses?

Some common logistics challenges faced by window washing businesses include managing seasonal demand, coordinating multiple service locations, and ensuring the safe transportation of equipment and supplies.

3. How can I manage my inventory effectively for my window washing business?

To manage inventory effectively for your window washing business, you can use inventory management software to track supplies and equipment, set up reorder points, and implement a first-in, first-out (FIFO) system to prevent spoilage or expiration of products.

4. What are some key factors to consider when planning delivery routes for my window washing business?

Some key factors to consider when planning delivery routes for your window washing business include distance between service locations, traffic patterns, and scheduling to minimize travel time and maximize productivity.

5. How can I use technology to improve logistics for my window washing business?

Technology can be used to improve logistics for your window washing business in various ways, such as using GPS tracking for delivery vehicles, implementing online scheduling and payment systems for clients, and utilizing inventory management software for efficient supply management.