Looking for a book with a lot of physics problems

In summary: I will go back to school next year to start studying physics. I am currently reviewing and learning math through Khan Academy and the book of Mary Boas. Once I feel confident in my math skills, I will start reviewing and learning physics through sources like Khan Academy, Halliday and Resnick's Fundamental of Physics, and Feynman's lectures. I am wondering if you can recommend any books that contain a lot of physics problems with solutions. I know physics is a broad subject, so finding one book to cover everything is unlikely. I have found some promising options on Amazon, but I am open to suggestions. Additionally, I am often traveling and do not always have access to a computer or the internet, so I prefer to have a physical
andreyw
Hi,

I will go back to school next year to start studying physics. For the moment, I am learning/reviewing maths with Khan Academy and the book of Mary Boas.

Once I am good with the maths, I will start to review/learn physics (Khan Academy, Fundamental of Physics by Halliday and Resnick, Feynman's lecture).

I would like to know if you could recommend one or more books containing a lot of problems in Physics with the solutions.

Physics is a really wide topic so I guess I won't find a book with problems about everything related to physics. I tried to find some books and found some (apparently) really good like those one :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/5030008004/?tag=pfamazon01-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0521449758/?tag=pfamazon01-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0071763465/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Basically, one book for High school, one for Undergraduate and one for Graduate physics would be great or one book that would cover everything. Should I try to find books with problems related to a particular topic like electromagnetism, optic, ... instead ?

I know that I could probably find problems to solve online but I travel a lot and I don't have access to a computer or even internet all the time so that's why I would prefer to find a book.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks whyevengothere, I already found it after some research.
Thanks jedishrfu too, I'll have a look. I will probably focus on books with problems for high school and early unergraduate until next year.

jedishrfu said:
the feynman lectures are now available online too and that's a good source of challenging problems.

http://www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/
Thanks, I am already reading that when I have some free time. :)

Thanks for this info

1. What are some good books for practicing physics problems?

Some popular books for practicing physics problems include "University Physics" by Young and Freedman, "Schaum's 3000 Solved Problems in Physics" by Alvin Halpern, and "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday and Resnick.

2. Are there any books specifically for advanced physics problems?

Yes, there are several books that focus on advanced physics problems such as "Problems in General Physics" by I.E. Irodov, "Problems in Quantum Mechanics" by I. N. Sneddon, and "Problems in Classical Mechanics" by David Morin.

3. Can you recommend a book with both theoretical and practical physics problems?

"Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics" by Serway and Jewett is a great option for a book with a mix of theoretical and practical physics problems. "The Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Richard Feynman is also a popular choice for a more theoretical approach.

4. Are there any online resources for physics problems?

Yes, there are many online resources for physics problems such as Khan Academy, Physics Classroom, and Physics Stack Exchange. These resources offer a variety of practice problems and solutions for different levels of difficulty.

5. Is it important to practice physics problems outside of class?

Yes, practicing physics problems outside of class is crucial for understanding and retaining the concepts. It helps in developing problem-solving skills and applying theoretical knowledge to practical situations, which is essential in the field of physics.