Looking for free graphing calculator for two-variable inequality

In summary, the conversation discusses the availability of free online graphing calculators and the difficulties of finding one that meets specific criteria. The speaker suggests using GeoGebra, Padowan, and MatheGrafix for creating a graph of a two-variable inequality with probabilities, and also mentions the option of downloading HP prime for desktop use.
Hornbein
TL;DR Summary
Looking for free graphing calculator for two-variable inequality.
I have a two-variable inequality and wish to make a graph of the regions in which it is satisfied. Is any such took available online for free?

A great many free online graphing calculators are available, but I expect the great majority won't do what I want.

Specifically I want to find the regions in which (1-b)/(1-b/2) < a is true, with a and b being probabilities.

Alternatively, if someone has such a tool and can post the graph here that would be nice.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
GeoGebra did the trick with ease. Thanks a ton!

(I hate shopping for "free" software.)

Likes berkeman
Hornbein said:
GeoGebra did the trick with ease. Thanks a ton!

(I hate shopping for "free" software.)
It's difficult, some are better, others not, and some require too much practice to use properly. I used them for my challenge threads when I needed a graphic and mspaint is rather limited. Buying software for, say 4 graphics per year is not really an option.

Likes FactChecker
You can download HP prime for desktop use, I believe, for free.

1. What is a graphing calculator?

A graphing calculator is a handheld device or computer program that allows users to plot and analyze mathematical equations and data on a coordinate plane. It can perform functions such as graphing, solving equations, and creating tables to represent data.

2. How do I graph a two-variable inequality on a graphing calculator?

To graph a two-variable inequality on a graphing calculator, you will need to enter the inequality into the calculator's equation editor. Then, you can use the graphing function to plot the points on the coordinate plane and shade the appropriate region to represent the solution set.

3. Where can I find a free graphing calculator for two-variable inequalities?

There are many websites and apps that offer free graphing calculators for two-variable inequalities, such as Desmos, GeoGebra, and Symbolab. You can also search for "free online graphing calculator" to find other options.

4. Can I use a regular calculator to graph two-variable inequalities?

No, a regular calculator does not have the capability to graph two-variable inequalities. You will need a graphing calculator or a computer program specifically designed for graphing to plot and analyze these types of equations.

5. Are there any tips for using a graphing calculator for two-variable inequalities?

Yes, it can be helpful to familiarize yourself with the functions and features of your specific graphing calculator. You can also use the zoom and trace functions to get a better view of the graph and find specific points or intercepts. Additionally, it is important to properly input the inequality into the calculator to ensure an accurate graph.