Managing Friend Requests on Social Media Platforms

• Thread starter Len M
  • Start date
In summary, to cancel an incoming friend request and remove the associated name from the "contacts and friends" page, you need to mark the request as selected and then choose "reject selected friend request" and "save changes". This will also set your "Your notifications" to zero. Ticking the box does not automatically accept the friend request.
Len M
How do I cancel an incoming friend request so that the particular field on the "contacts and friends" page (containing the name associated with the request) becomes blank and the "Your notifications" on the main page gets set to zero?

I don't wish to include the member request as a friend, but despite selecting the "reject selected friend request" and selecting "save changes", the notification remains. Or am I permently stuck with this notification (and the associated member name against the friend request) despite not wishing to have this person on my friends list?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
You need to mark the request as selected before reject/save. There is a tick box for that.

Thanks!

I thought ticking the box was going to accept the friend request. It's all back to zero notifications now.

1. Can I cancel a friend request on social media?

Yes, most social media platforms allow users to cancel friend requests before they are accepted. This can usually be done by going to the "Sent Requests" or "Pending Requests" section and clicking on the cancel or delete button next to the request.

2. Will the person be notified if I cancel a friend request?

No, the person will not receive a notification if you cancel a friend request. However, if they have already accepted the request before you cancel it, they will be notified that you are no longer friends.

3. Can I cancel a friend request after it has been accepted?

Yes, you can remove someone from your friends list even after they have accepted your request. This can usually be done by going to their profile and clicking on the "Unfriend" or "Remove Friend" button.

4. Will the person know if I cancel a friend request before they accept it?

No, the person will not be notified if you cancel a friend request before they accept it. They will only be notified if you cancel it after they have accepted it.

5. Can I re-send a friend request after cancelling it?

Yes, you can send a friend request to the same person even after cancelling it. However, it is important to consider the reason for cancelling the request and if you still want to be friends with that person before sending another request.