Master Slave schemes in dynamic systems

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a good book on master-slave schemes in dynamic systems. The original question asks for recommendations on introductory material on this topic, particularly in relation to autonomous differential equations. The conversation also touches on the understanding of master-slave schemes as a mathematical vs physical construction and the individual's personal philosophy of learning. The article provided by the individual is suggested as a helpful resource for understanding master-slave schemes, and the term "cascade controller" is recommended as a more practical example to search for.
s00mb
Does anyone know a good book on master-slave schemes in dynamic systems? I'm on a dynamics book covering oscillators and it kind of glances over the topic and expects me to know it. I've done previous basic dynamics books and haven't seen it in them and checking on the internet I have found very little introductory material on this. The part I'm stumped on is how they come about the slave system from the master system (In case I need to be more specific the master system is a system of autonomous differential equations) to begin with. I feel like I might be missing something very easy but it is eluding me. I'd prefer something as close to introductory as possible. Thanks for any help!

Likes Auto-Didact
Physics news on Phys.org
Figured out my own question whoops

Enlighten us ! I didn't find much in the PF textbooks and considered to refer you to the domain of chemical engineeering -- but decided against because it doesn't seem to be your turf.

https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1186/1687-1847-2013-24.pdf
I am still learning it but I found my understand of what it is in this article. I thought it was a mathematical construction but turns out it was more of a physical one for input output. Still very interesting though. No chemical engineering isn't my forte although I have a working knowledge of undergrad chemistry through physical and inorganic. I've been doing a lot of stuff with signal processing lately. I follow a personal philosophy of learning as much as i can in order to do more "good" things. After all the more you know the more you can do. Hope that article helps.

Likes Auto-Didact and S.G. Janssens
Very fancy. For more down-to-earth examples try googling 'cascade controller': plenty useful and much less complicated examples.

Thanks

1. What is a master-slave scheme in dynamic systems?

A master-slave scheme in dynamic systems is a control strategy where one component, known as the master, controls the behavior of one or more other components, known as the slaves. This allows for coordinated and synchronized movement of the system.

2. How does a master-slave scheme work?

In a master-slave scheme, the master component sends commands to the slave components, which then follow those commands to perform specific actions. The master component continuously monitors the behavior of the slaves and adjusts its commands accordingly.

3. What are the advantages of using a master-slave scheme?

One advantage of using a master-slave scheme is that it allows for precise control and coordination of multiple components in a dynamic system. This can improve the overall performance and stability of the system. Additionally, it can reduce the complexity of individual components, as they only need to follow commands from the master instead of making their own decisions.

4. What are some common applications of master-slave schemes in dynamic systems?

Master-slave schemes are commonly used in robotics, where a master component controls the movement of multiple slave components to perform complex tasks. They are also used in industrial automation, such as in manufacturing processes, to coordinate the actions of different machines.

5. What are some potential challenges of implementing a master-slave scheme?

One potential challenge is ensuring proper communication between the master and slave components. If there are delays or errors in the communication, it can affect the performance of the system. Additionally, the master component must be able to accurately monitor and control the behavior of the slaves, which may require advanced sensors and algorithms.