Math Presentation Materials (which include equation editor features)

In summary, the speaker is looking for a presentation program similar to Powerpoint that includes a math/equation editor feature. They tried using the Powerpoint Skydrive edition within their Outlook account, but found that the web version does not have this feature. They are then recommended to try OpenOffice, which has a LaTeX interface for math equations.
Lebombo
Hi,

I wanted to make a powerpoint-like presentation for myself, simply for self study. I figured I'd experiment with some of the animation features to see whether it would have a positive impact on my rate of study. However, I don't have Microsoft office (thus powerpoint) on my current laptop, so I tried the powerpoint skydrive edition within my outlook.com account. Unfortunately, it looks as though the math/equation editor features do not exist in the web version of powerpoint.

Are there any other presentation programs similar to powerpoint that do include math/equation editor features? I'd like to type and arrange equations directly within a powerpoint-like program.

Appreciated,
Lebombo

Mathematics news on Phys.org

1. What is an equation editor?

An equation editor is a software tool that allows users to create and format mathematical equations in a document or presentation. It provides a user-friendly interface for entering complex mathematical symbols and formulas, making it easier to create professional-looking equations.

2. What are the benefits of using equation editor features in math presentation materials?

Equation editor features can enhance the visual appeal of math presentation materials by allowing users to create clear and precise equations. They also make it easier to edit and update equations, saving time and effort. Additionally, using an equation editor can help avoid errors and improve the accuracy of equations.

3. What types of equations can be created using equation editor features?

Equation editor features can be used to create a wide range of equations, including algebraic, trigonometric, statistical, and calculus equations. Users can also create equations with multiple variables, fractions, and exponents.

4. Can equation editor features be used in conjunction with other presentation software?

Yes, equation editor features can be used in conjunction with other presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Keynote. Many presentation software programs have built-in equation editors, or users can install external equation editor plugins.

5. Are there any limitations to using equation editor features?

While equation editor features offer a variety of options for creating and formatting equations, there may be some limitations. For example, some equation editors may not support advanced mathematical symbols or fonts. Additionally, users may need to have a basic understanding of mathematical notation in order to effectively use equation editor features.