Mathematical Simulation of Patent. Very General

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of using mathematical simulations for testing a newly patented product. The original poster apologizes for the vagueness of the post, citing privacy concerns for their friend who obtained the patent. They also mention not having access to a lab for testing and asks for advice on simulations. Another person in the conversation points out that privacy is not necessary after the patent application is filed and shares their experience with simulations. However, they also mention that simulations do not completely eliminate the need for testing.
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi All,
Sorry for the vagueness of the post; I promised privacy to a friend who just obtained a patent. She asked me to find a way of testing the product. Since I have no access of any sort to a lab, I am considering doing Mathematical simulations. I wonder if anyone knows about this and/or has real-life experience with designing simulations.
Thanks.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Why the request for privacy? The patent system is based on "first to file", so there is no need for privacy after the patent application is filed. This is true for all countries that have signed the PCT (Patent Cooperation Treaty).

I have done many simulations. They are extremely useful in the early stages of product design, but do not eliminate the need for testing.

Likes WWGD
JRMichler said:
Why the request for privacy? The patent system is based on "first to file", so there is no need for privacy after the patent application is filed. This is true for all countries that have signed the PCT (Patent Cooperation Treaty).
Good point, I had not thought of this. Will try to convey to the holder.

1. What is mathematical simulation of patent?

Mathematical simulation of patent is a method of using mathematical models and computer simulations to analyze and predict the behavior of a patent or invention. It involves breaking down the patent into its individual components, creating a mathematical representation of each component, and then using simulations to test the patent's functionality and potential success.

2. How is mathematical simulation of patent used in the patent process?

Mathematical simulation of patent can be used in various stages of the patent process, such as during patent drafting, prior art search, and patent prosecution. It can help identify potential flaws or limitations in the invention, assess its novelty and non-obviousness, and demonstrate its practical application.

3. What are the benefits of using mathematical simulation of patent?

Using mathematical simulation of patent can provide valuable insights and data that may not be possible to obtain through traditional methods. It can also help save time and resources by identifying potential issues early on in the patent process and providing a more accurate prediction of the patent's success.

4. Are there any limitations to using mathematical simulation of patent?

While mathematical simulation of patent can be a useful tool, it is not a substitute for actual testing and experimentation. The accuracy of the simulations also depends on the quality of the data and assumptions used. Additionally, not all inventions may be suitable for mathematical simulation, and it should be used in conjunction with other methods.

5. How can I incorporate mathematical simulation of patent in my research or patent application?

If you are a researcher or inventor, you can consider using mathematical simulation of patent as part of your research and development process. This can help you identify potential issues and refine your invention before filing for a patent. If you are a patent attorney or agent, you can also use mathematical simulation of patent to strengthen your arguments during patent prosecution or to provide a more comprehensive evaluation of a patent's validity.