Mirror coating and BSDF measurement costs?

In summary, mirror coating and BSDF measurement costs can vary depending on the type of coating and the size and complexity of the mirror. The cost of mirror coating can range from a few hundred dollars to thousands of dollars, while BSDF measurement costs can be as high as tens of thousands of dollars. These costs are influenced by factors such as the materials used, the equipment and labor required, and the level of precision and accuracy needed. Overall, the cost of mirror coating and BSDF measurement should be carefully considered and budgeted for when planning a project involving mirrors.
jobeva2706
I need an epoxy/polycarbonate substrate diffuser film similar to this one https://www.luminitco.com/products/light-shaping-diffusers mirror and hard coated. I have two films sized 100x100mm each (3.93x3.93 inches or 5.57'' diagonal ). I have no idea what this will cost. What's the expected cost at these low volumes?

Additionally, I need the same or another firm to perform BSDF measurement on the mirror coated film to determine the surface scatter angle based on angle of incidence of incoming beam in a range of 0-35 degrees in about 5 degree increments and with a different R,G,B wavelength (wavelengths to use contsrained by available color laser diodes). What will a service such as this cost?

Thank you.

Science news on Phys.org
What are you trying to do??...I have done similar work but have no idea what you actually need
You should solidify your plans and talk to a rep at luminit (although I don't think they are what you need)
You will need to be much more descriptive.

1. What is a mirror coating?

A mirror coating is a thin layer of material applied to the surface of a mirror to improve its reflective properties. It is typically made of metals such as aluminum, silver, or gold, and is used to enhance the mirror's ability to reflect light.

2. How is mirror coating applied?

Mirror coating is applied using a process called physical vapor deposition (PVD). In this process, the metal is heated until it becomes a vapor, which is then deposited onto the surface of the mirror. The thickness of the coating can be controlled to achieve the desired reflective properties.

3. What is BSDF measurement?

BSDF (Bidirectional Scattering Distribution Function) measurement is a technique used to measure the scattering properties of a material. It involves measuring the amount of light scattered in different directions when a sample is illuminated with a known light source.

4. Why is BSDF measurement important for mirror coating?

BSDF measurement is important for mirror coating because it allows for the characterization of the coating's reflective properties. This information is crucial for ensuring that the coating is applied correctly and that the mirror will have the desired reflective properties.

5. How much does mirror coating and BSDF measurement cost?

The cost of mirror coating and BSDF measurement can vary depending on the size and complexity of the mirror. Generally, the cost for mirror coating ranges from $100 to $500, while BSDF measurement can cost anywhere from $500 to $5000. It is best to consult with a professional for an accurate cost estimate.