Missing Badge Icons - Help & Troubleshooting

• Thread starter Ibix
  • Start date
In summary, some users have noticed that certain badge icons, such as SA, EA, HH, and Trophy, have disappeared on both their laptop and phone. However, other badges like Insight Author, Mentor, Emeritus, and Gold are still visible. This issue seems to be affecting both Firefox on Android and Linux. Additionally, some icons are missing in the post editor, such as the post edit button and the options that come up when an image is clicked. Another bug is that the unlink icon is missing when adding a hyperlink. @Greg Bernhardt is aware of these issues and is working on fixing them.
Ibix
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Have some of the badge icons gone missing for other people? The SA, EA, HH and Trophy badge icons seem to have vanished for me both on my laptop and phone. Insight Author, Mentor, Emeritus and Gold are still there. I still see the badge words on laptop, but on mobile I only see empty boxes with the coloured borders (the words aren't normally shown there, of course). See screenshot below. I use Firefox on Android and Linux. I've tried a cache refresh and close-and-reopen. No joy and, as I say, it's affecting two machines.
1591471114139.png

Physics news on Phys.org
I see them in the image you posted. Do you not see them?

1591472130241.png

berkeman said:
I see them in the image you posted. Do you not see them?
That's a desktop screenshot (I realize I didn't make that clear). The words are there, but they used to have icons like the Insight Author does. Mobile doesn't have the words anyway, so all I have is an empty box.

Greg apparently understood me despite my poor writing - thanks Greg.

Likes berkeman
Ibix said:
Greg apparently understood me despite my poor writing - thanks Greg.
I already was aware it was an issue :biggrin:

Likes Wrichik Basu and Ibix
Badges? Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Zz.

Likes mathwonk, berkeman and Vanadium 50
Some more icons are missing:

1. Post edit button:

1592571540497.png

2. The options that come up when an image is clicked while editing a post:

1592571589244.png

I believe @Greg Bernhardt is already aware of these bugs.

Wrichik Basu said:
Some more icons are missing:
gah, thanks, I'll work on it this weekend. I also just noticed drop downs i the editor trigger scrolling in the editor which is weird.

Likes Wrichik Basu
Found another missing icon: when I add a hyperlink and then click on the link text, a pop-up comes up. The icon for unlink is gone:

1594155995422.png

Related to Missing Badge Icons - Help & Troubleshooting

1. Why are some badge icons missing from my account?

There could be a few reasons for this. One possibility is that the badge icons are currently being updated or replaced. Another possibility is that there may be a technical issue causing the icons to not appear. Lastly, it is possible that you have not met the criteria for certain badges, so they do not appear on your account.

2. How can I get the missing badge icons to appear on my account?

If the missing badge icons are due to a technical issue, you can try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If this does not work, you can reach out to the website's support team for assistance. If the icons are being updated, you will likely have to wait until the update is complete. If you believe you have met the criteria for a certain badge, but it is not appearing, you can also contact the support team for further clarification.

3. Can I customize the badge icons on my account?

No, badge icons are typically predetermined by the website or platform and cannot be customized by individual users. However, some websites may allow for limited customization options.

4. Are there any benefits to earning badge icons?

Earning badge icons can provide a sense of achievement and recognition for your contributions or accomplishments on a website or platform. Some websites may also offer rewards or perks for earning certain badges.

5. How can I track my progress towards earning badge icons?

Most websites or platforms that use badge icons will have a section on your account where you can view your progress towards earning certain badges. This may include a list of criteria or tasks you need to complete in order to earn the badge, as well as your current progress towards each one.

Back