Mixing Teas: Solve to Find the Amounts of Each Kind!”

• MHB
  • Thread starter linapril
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mixing
Then you can find the values for x and y.In summary, the conversation is about mixing two different kinds of tea in a tea shop to create a new flavor. One type of tea costs 135kr/kg and the other costs 168kr/kg. By setting up an equation system, it can be determined how much of each type of tea is needed to create a mixture that costs 150kr/kg. The equation system is 135x + 168y = 150 and x+y=1. By solving for x and y, the amounts of each type of tea can be determined.
linapril
In a tea shop one mixes two different kinds of tea to get a new flavor. One of the kinds costs 135kr/kg, the other costs 168kr/kg. How large amounts of each kind have you taken if the mixture costs 150kr/kg?

I tried setting up this equation system:
135x + 168y = 150
x+y=1

but I don't think it was right...

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Re: Equation system - help needed!

linapril said:
In a tea shop one mixes two different kinds of tea to get a new flavor. One of the kinds costs 135kr/kg, the other costs 168kr/kg. How large amounts of each kind have you taken if the mixture costs 150kr/kg?

I tried setting up this equation system:
135x + 168y = 150
x+y=1

but I don't think it was right...

Hi linapril!

Your equation system is right.
I suggest you rewrite the second one as y=(1-x) and substitute that in the first.

Related to Mixing Teas: Solve to Find the Amounts of Each Kind!”

What is the purpose of "Mixing Teas: Solve to Find the Amounts of Each Kind!"?

The purpose of this experiment is to determine the exact amounts of different types of teas that should be mixed together to create a desired taste and flavor profile.

What types of teas are typically used in this experiment?

This experiment can involve any type of tea, such as black, green, white, herbal, or flavored teas.

Can this experiment be adjusted for personal taste preferences?

Yes, this experiment can be adjusted to accommodate personal taste preferences by changing the ratios of each type of tea used.

What equipment is needed for this experiment?

To accurately measure the amounts of each type of tea, a scale and measuring spoons or cups will be needed. Additionally, a pot or kettle for boiling water, a tea infuser or strainer, and a container for mixing and storing the final tea blend may also be necessary.

Are there any safety precautions to keep in mind when mixing teas?

It is important to be aware of any potential allergies or sensitivities to certain types of teas or ingredients that may be used in the experiment. Additionally, caution should be taken when handling hot water and boiling liquids to prevent burns.