New account, can't post or verify email

• Thread starter idea2000
  • Start date
In summary, there is a user on the forum, physicslearner2000PF, who is unable to update their email address due to the forum not accepting certain email providers. This issue has been brought to the attention of the forum administrators, but no clear answer or resolution has been given. It is suggested that the user seek assistance from the forum administrators or other members to find a solution. However, further discussion on this specific case is not allowed on the forum.
idea2000
Hi, My cousin just registered a new account, but he can't post a new thread, as the button is missing and he also can't verify his email, as no email was sent to his account. What steps does he need to take in order to post a new thread or verify his account?

Physics news on Phys.org
account: physicslearner2000

PF has a continuing problem in that they will not accept some e-mail hosts. I changed my e-mail provider about a year ago but the new address is rejected when I try to update my profile. I posted a question asking why this occurs and received a non-answer of (paraphrased) "We don't accept some email providers." Which of course does not answer the question, or even supply any new information at all. Maybe there is a good reason for this, but so far it is a closely held secret. This was followed by suggestions to use a different e-mail provider or set up my own e-mail host.

Maybe between us (with the help of whoever else wants to comment) an answer can be extracted from the powers-that-be.

Tom.G said:
PF has a continuing problem in that they will not accept some e-mail hosts.
That has nothing to do with it.

We don't discuss individual cases here and further speculation is not helpful. Greg has to have a look anyway. I closed the thread.

1. Why can't I post anything on my new account?

There could be a few reasons for this. First, make sure you have verified your email address. If you have not yet received a verification email, check your spam folder. If you have already verified your email, it's possible that your account may be on a "cooldown" period, during which you may not be able to post. This is a security measure to prevent spam. Finally, if you have recently created your account, it's possible that your posts are being filtered by our spam detection system. Give it some time and try again later.

2. How do I verify my email address?

To verify your email address, you should have received a verification email from us. Check your email inbox or spam folder for this email. If you cannot find it, you can request a new verification email from your account settings. Once you receive the verification email, click on the link provided to verify your email address.

3. I've verified my email, but I still can't post. What should I do?

If you have received a verification email and clicked on the link to verify your email address, but are still unable to post, try logging out and logging back in to your account. If the issue persists, please contact our customer support for further assistance.

4. How long does the "cooldown" period last?

The length of the "cooldown" period varies and is not disclosed to prevent abuse. If you are unable to post, please wait a few hours and try again. If the issue persists, contact our customer support for assistance.

5. Can I change the email associated with my account?

Yes, you can change the email associated with your account in your account settings. However, if you have not yet verified the new email address, you will not be able to post until you have completed the verification process. If you are having trouble with the email verification process, please contact our customer support for assistance.