New Photo Forum: Discuss Tips, Techniques & Photos!

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the struggling chess forum has been replaced with a new Photography forum on the Physics Forums website. Users can now discuss photography tips, techniques, and get camera advice. The forum also welcomes discussions on microscope, telescope, and video photography. Photo enthusiasts can now rejoice and enjoy the new addition.
Photo geeks rejoice, you have a new home! We've removed the struggling chess forum and added a Photography forum in it's place. Discuss photography tips and techniques. Get camera advice. Show of your microscope photos, telescope photos, and everything in between! Video talk is welcome too!Have fun!
https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=216

Physics news on Phys.org
Neat! I got into photography for a bit, and I enjoyed it.

Thanks Greg!

It deserves its own forum. Thanks Greg :)

I'll enjoy that much more than chess. :smile: We really do talk about photography a lot, don't we?

... OY! You replaced THIS with PF CHESS! URGHHHHH! Well, THANKS Greg. :grumpy:Edit: Never mind.

Last edited:
We had a chess forum? I never even noticed. That might have been fun.

Fredrik said:
We had a chess forum? I never even noticed. That might have been fun.

I think this is the second time you didn't notice something outside the "physics" forums :D

Greg Bernhardt said:
I think this is the second time you didn't notice something outside the "physics" forums :D
Yes, I seem to miss a lot of what's going on here. :smile:

What is the purpose of the new photo forum?

The new photo forum is a platform for discussing tips, techniques, and sharing photos with other photography enthusiasts. It aims to create a community where members can learn from each other, receive feedback on their work, and engage in meaningful discussions about all things related to photography.

How can I participate in the photo forum?

To participate in the photo forum, you can either create an account or log in using your existing credentials. Once you have an account, you can start posting your own photos, commenting on others' photos, and joining discussions on various topics related to photography.

What type of content is allowed in the photo forum?

The photo forum is dedicated to all types of photography, including but not limited to landscape, portrait, street, and wildlife photography. You can share your photos, ask for tips and feedback, and discuss different techniques and styles. However, please make sure to respect the community guidelines and refrain from posting any inappropriate or offensive content.

Can I promote my photography business on the photo forum?

The primary purpose of the photo forum is to provide a platform for photography enthusiasts to connect and learn from each other. While you can share your own photos and discuss your techniques and experiences, promoting your business is not allowed. Any posts or comments solely aimed at advertising or self-promotion will be removed.

How can I report inappropriate content or behavior on the photo forum?

If you come across any content or behavior that goes against the community guidelines, you can report it by clicking on the "Report" button next to the post or comment. Our moderators will review the report and take necessary actions to maintain a positive and respectful community for all members.